Riekelt Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Quotes About Gay Rights
Quotes tagged as "gay-rights" (showing 1-30 of 60)

“I'm a supporter of gay rights. And not a closet supporter either. From the time I was a kid, I have never been able to understand attacks upon the gay community. There are so many qualities that make up a human being... by the time I get through with all the things that I really admire about people, what they do with their private parts is probably so low on the list that it is irrelevant.”
Paul Newman
tags: actor, equality, gay, gay-rights
340 likes

“At some point in our lifetime, gay marriage won't be an issue, and everyone who stood against this civil right will look as outdated as George Wallace standing on the school steps keeping James Hood from entering the University of Alabama because he was black.”
George Clooney
tags: equal-rights, gay-rights, historical-perspective, political
301 likes

“I suppose it’s not a social norm, and not a manly thing to do — to feel, discuss feelings. So that’s what I’m giving the finger to. Social norms and stuff…what good are social norms, really? I think all they do is project a limited and harmful image of people. It thus impedes a broader social acceptance of what someone, or a group of people, might actually be like.”
Jess C. Scott, New Order
tags: bisexual, bisexuality, bisexuals, body, books, boy, cool, culture, desire, emotion, erotic, erotica,friendship, funny, gay, gay-men, gay-rights, glbt, guy, honesty, humor, humour, imagination, individuality,life, love, music, novel, passion, reality, relationships, romance, self, sex, sexuality, society, society-s-increasing-stupidity, technology, truth, wisdom, young, youth
255 likes

“Understand that sexuality is as wide as the sea. Understand that your morality is not law. Understand that we are you. Understand that if we decide to have sex whether safe, safer, or unsafe, it is our decision and you have no rights in our lovemaking.”
Derek Jarman
tags: gay, gay-rights, homosexuality, sexuality
204 likes

“It takes no compromise to give people their rights...it takes no money to respect the individual. It takes no political deal to give people freedom. It takes no survey to remove repression.”
Harvey Milk
tags: equality, gay, gay-rights
176 likes

“Let's make a law that gay people can have birthdays, but straight people get more cake--you know, to send the right message to kids.”
Bill Maher, New Rules: Polite Musings from a Timid Observer
tags: gay, gay-rights
135 likes

“Jerry Falwell said that the reason that September 11th happened, the reason that God allowed it to happen, was because of certain people in our country. People like, and I'm quoting, 'the pagans,' which is a motorcycle group. Feminists; he brought up feminists. [...] And I couldn't believe it, he said that God had actually talked to him and said, these were the people. That was the reason. It was those people, and that was the reason God allowed this to happen. And I thought, 'That's odd.' Because God had called me twelve hours before, and He said the reason He was upset was because of people like Jerry Falwell.”
Lewis Black
tags: gay-rights, humour, politics, religion, theology
127 likes

“Being an American is about having the right to be who you are. Sometimes that doesn't happen.”
Herb Ritts
tags: america, americans, civil-rights, expression, gay-rights, homosexuality, individuality, liberty, usa
102 likes

“Just because I like to suck cock doesn't make me any less American than Jesse Helms.”
Allen Ginsberg
tags: gay, gay-rights, humor, oral-sex, politics
102 likes

“Another Thing I'm Sick of Hearing:

If I started that gay rights group,
I must be gay.

So if i start an animal rights group,
what does that make me?

A giraffe?”
James Howe, Addie on the Inside
tags: addie-on-the-inside, gay-rights, humor
95 likes

“You have to remember, rights don't come in groups we shouldn't have 'gay rights'; rights come as individuals, and we wouldn't have this major debate going on. It would be behavior that would count, not what person belongs to what group.”
Ron Paul
tags: bill-of-rights, civil-rights, equal-rights, freedom, gay-rights, liberty, politics, rights, womens-rights
87 likes

“The pressures on gay teens can be overwhelming--to keep secrets, tell lies, deny who you are, and try to be who you're not. Remember: you are special and worth being cared about, loved, and accepted just as you are. Never, ever let anyone convince you otherwise.”
Alex Sanchez
tags: be-yourself, gay-rights, inspirational
84 likes

“You can argue that it's a different world now than the one when Matthew Shepard was killed, but there is a subtle difference between tolerance and acceptance. It's the distance between moving into the cul-de-sac and having your next door neighbor trust you to keep an eye on her preschool daughter for a few minutes while she runs out to the post office. It's the chasm between being invited to a colleague's wedding with your same-sex partner and being able to slow-dance without the other guests whispering.”
Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home
tags: acceptance, gay-rights, love, relationships, tolerance
58 likes

“If no one had ever challenged religious authority, there’d be no democracy, no public schools, women’s rights, improvements to science and medicine, evolution of slavery and no laws against child abuse or spousal abuse. I was afraid to challenge my religious beliefs because that was the basis of creation—mine anyway. I was afraid to question the Bible or anything in it, and when I did, that’s when I became involved with PFLAG and realized that my son was a perfectly normal human being and there was nothing for God to heal because Bobby was perfect just the way he was.”
Mary Griffith
tags: dissent, gay-rights, independent-thought, inspirational, religion
54 likes

Reaction score
Closed

Not really sure what this is, but if you want to share this type of stuff I advise you post it in Off Topic with some form of context.

Status
Not open for further replies.