RIP passive RP

Reaction score
I did this little wood cabin thingy a few times to do passiveRP hood style near the DD where we smoked pot and had some fun. Check em out!

4rQjHhT.jpg

dBgppjx.jpg

bsAbriI.jpg

This one is the fisherman hut!

Wx2Udhh.jpg

K0ntFGE.jpg

Today i saw the DD behind the bazaar, as always i ask for permissions as a report before i build because you can't build outside of your own property, it was shot down by daymon when i explained so instead gave these pics as a example. Doesn't look like we can do this again boi's, it was fun while it lasted. RIP passiveRP

BxzjvUi.jpg

Reaction score
If anyone is going to be moaning at any staff member for this I would like to put this out there as it seems a lot of you don't actually know why this is forbidden, under rule
3.9 Placing Props
this is stated;
In some cases props may be placed in public if they benefit roleplay

If you would like to place props here I would like to know how this would benefit roleplay at all. And I do agree it's creative just not within the rules.

Reaction score
If anyone is going to be moaning at any staff member for this I would like to put this out there as it seems a lot of you don't actually know why this is forbidden, under rule
3.9 Placing Props
this is stated;
In some cases props may be placed in public if they benefit roleplay

If you would like to place props here I would like to know how this would benefit roleplay at all. And I do agree it's creative just not within the rules.

I know 3.9 and that's why i always made a report before building there, also stated that in OP. We used it as a place to hang out, smoked week. Listened to the remix of 'smoke weed everyday', sold illegal goods, had one plant for personal use that was confiscated afterwards.

On the fisherman hut we sold fish and did the same shit as above until i became a mayor and then it was just selling fish. If its not to benefit roleplay why else would i put effort into building this and sitting there?

Reaction score
I know 3.9 and that's why i always made a report before building there, also stated that in OP. We used it as a place to hang out, smoked week. Listened to the remix of 'smoke weed everyday', sold illegal goods, had one plant for personal use that was confiscated afterwards.

On the fisherman hut we sold fish and did the same shit as above until i became a mayor and then it was just selling fish.

I am well aware of that you know exactly what 3.9 is, the only reason I posted this is because of the fact that I do know people usually do get pissed off as soon as something like this happens, I'm not saying you're some bad guy who doesn't follow the rules, only making a public statement so that the staff team doesn't have to take any shit about it.

Reaction score
No matter how much I dislike this being shut down, I can see were Daymon's coming from. It would be really nice to be able to make an exception for the sort of stuff Joe is doing but if they do it may become hard to draw the line between what is following 3.9 and what is not. Adding such stress could become pretty useless as not many people will actually be trying top benefit role-play. Although it may be generalising people placing props outside, it is better to that right now to avoid many arguments that could get out of hand.

Deleted member 4983

awww :/ i loved this shack

Bill will be sad, how dare you!

HOW DARE YOU STOP US FROM HELPING THE HOMELESS
BILL HAS FEELINGS ASWELL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Itt:
The admins are killing the server with their hatred towards passive rp!!! Xddd.
Even if i didnt ask before i set it up and the admin has a very reasonable explanation it must be because of their disdain towards us real rp'ers!! Xd

Last edited:
Reaction score
Itt:
The admins are killing the server with their hatred towards passive rp!!! Xddd.
Even if i didnt ask before i set it up and the admin has a very reasonable explanation it must be because of their disdain towards us real rp'ers!! Xd

Absolute winner, stated clearly in the rules that this isn't allowed - pretty unfair right? As Imperial has said, ask a staff member first if you can do this as they might make an exception. Quite sad seeing posts like this (see quote below) you're just fueling the fire on the bandwagon of the hatred of the staff team. There is a lovely area on the forum where you can suggest rule changes, the staff members don't make the rules, they just enforce them so don't attack them.

Today i saw the DD behind the bazaar, as always i ask for permissions as a report before i build because you can't build outside of your own property, it was shot down by daymon when i explained so instead gave these pics as a example. Doesn't look like we can do this again boi's, it was fun while it lasted. RIP passiveRP

BxzjvUi.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
As Jordan has stated, I do not see why the staff have got 100's of people giving them shit for stuff they only enforce, they didn't make the rules so blaming them would make them less inclined to make an exception. You might say "That's their job" no it's fucking not, their job is to enforce the rules but they are generous enough to make certain exceptions and when they do not but give you advice suddenly everything is their fault?

rat

Reaction score
There's a difference between realistic passive RP that is executed well and contributes to the server while staying realistic and jokerp that serves only to entertain.

I'd rather not go into details or share my subjective opinion on the matter or accuse your style of play of conforming into the latter category, but I can see how a bunged together shack openly selling meth in an alley or at the docks can be seen as "jokeRP" as opposed to "passiveRP"

Credit to @Josef Stalin and his crew, they did passive RP well.

Reaction score
As a response to @Josef Stalin
    1. I really do not know why you guys are bringing the topic 'hate on staffteam' here. This thread has nothing to do with hate at all. It is about rule 3.9, not the staff team?

Threads like these make it seem to us like shame is being thrown at us, even though I agree to some extent that 3.9 isn't the way it should be but at the same time I do think it is the way it should be.

Now it does look like a lot like shaming staff members when you put up reports about it, saying "PassiveRP" (which doesn't even exist as it's either rp or not) dies because of our decision against your plans of building, that's just like us making a thread about someone breaking a specific rule, let's say 3.15 for example, we could bring up loads of people being spoken to about it and also people being given warnings for it.

Reaction score
Hmmm.... i disagree. The rules in places are fine and exceptions should only be made for valid reasons. For example, i got a warnings for 3.9, the warning is fundamentally wrong as no rules were broken. Regardless the staff team used their so called 'discretion' to deny the dispute and keep the warning on me. The same discretion is used why some people would get a verbal for breaking a rule while others receive a 1 month ban. This discretion can be used to make exceptions to certain rules during roleplay, that is if it benefits roleplay and doesn't negatively impact any players.

There is no rule changed needed, just common sense. We're all humans although some might forget that at some point.

Reaction score
How about you guys make a rule suggestion saying that you should be allowed to place props down for PASSIVE RP if admins deem it to be passive RP and not dumb shit.

Reaction score
It's sad how these so called "rules" that seem more of a grey area that can change depending on what point of view the staff member has that day.

What Slayerduck did seemed BEAUTFIUL, UNIQUE and CREATIVE thing to do in RP. Something people lack now a days, i much prefer a community member to spend time doing something FUN and ALTERNATIVE without any evil reasons behind, for the rest of the server to enjoy.
Better than a community member that just base camps all day growing thinking about himself and KOSing anyone that enters his house.

John Daymon decicded to censor slayerduck , threatening him with warnings, forcing him to just remove his creative idea, making him go back to boring a cliché day. It´s sad to see peoples ingenuity stompped this way form the staff. I´m sure we could all agree it was harmless and inmersive event.
[DOUBLEPOST=1482410171,1482404860][/DOUBLEPOST]i think 3.9 doesnt affect this becuase it actually could benefit roleplay in a dozen of ways, for example just thought about some junkies loitering around the dealer asking for money or drugs to more "rich" players, then a handful of RP events could take place... just like hireing them for a criminal job.... or maybe even sexual favours (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

PS( hmmm i wonder why so many staff members are disliking my comment, i would like to hear your opinions please, i just am taking my time out of my day to contribute to the community, even if you do dislike my opinion.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's sad how these so called "rules" that seem more of a grey area that can change depending on what point of view the staff member has that day.

What Slayerduck did seemed BEAUTFIUL, UNIQUE and CREATIVE thing to do in RP. Something people lack now a days, i much prefer a community member to spend time doing something FUN and ALTERNATIVE without any evil reasons behind, for the rest of the server to enjoy.
Better than a community member that just base camps all day growing thinking about himself and KOSing anyone that enters his house.

John Daymon decicded to censor slayerduck , threatening him with warnings, forcing him to just remove his creative idea, making him go back to boring a cliché day. It´s sad to see peoples ingenuity stompped this way form the staff. I´m sure we could all agree it was harmless and inmersive event.
[DOUBLEPOST=1482410171,1482404860][/DOUBLEPOST]i think 3.9 doesnt affect this becuase it actually could benefit roleplay in a dozen of ways, for example just thought about some junkies loitering around the dealer asking for money or drugs to more "rich" players, then a handful of RP events could take place... just like hireing them for a criminal job.... or maybe even sexual favours (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So you're saying that no one is shaming in this thread?
Its not shaming, its just putting the facts out so you can also review your actions as a staff member

I mean that is what I call shaming...

My opinion about your reply is quite negative, I do not agree to what you've said at all, first of all no one was "censored" in anyway, he got told to pack up his stuff and if he wanted to he could've built something similar at another location however in a more realistic way, now you might say that this is idiotic to remove something like this but rules are rules and they have to be followed in all situations, which wasn't done here in the staff teams eyes.

Now you're saying that I threatened him with warnings, which I really wasn't at all, I told him that he would get a warning some day if he kept doing it because of it violating 3.9 and that I just spoke to him about it. You're also stating that I "stomped" the player which I also don't understand at all, I only did what I'm supposed to do and enforce the server rules.

What Slayerduck did might be "beautiful and creative" it's also unique but it's again, violating the rules of the server that for some reason people have an issue with accepting in different situations.

Reaction score
I hate to get involved in drama but;
This thread was created 24th of November and from what it seems, so many people have been personally affected by this infamous rule '3.9' yet here we are nearing the end of December yet no rule discussion post has been made?