Roleplaying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Roleplaying right now is really really poor on this server, since most people dont understand the concept of it. The concept of it isnt making money and becoming strong its having fun roleplaying with people. This server trys to simulate real life, and the owners are trying their hardest to make this as much as realistic and fun as they can. People take this way too seriously sometimes, im not saying you shouldnt take this seriously, but too seriously just passed the line. People are all about the money, how about use it to do something roleplay wise? Buy a house, go have a party with someone, and all these kind of stuff that happen day to day. I think people that have gathered enough money should stop and think for a second, what am i gonna do with all this money, when i can buy a decent and efficient car, get house on daily basis, and have fun roleplaying instead of killing and woo-hoo action stuff. Please take this into your mind. I will post a few ideas and suggestions that dont help you making money, and these kind of stuff, im going to post things that would help you roleplaying. If you have any ideas for making this server what it truly wanted to achive, post them as soon as you can but make sure you think through before posting one. Have a nice day and a wonderfull like, BK, out.

Bow

Reaction score
Come on lets be honest, everyone want to earn money or, in other words actually needs money to maintain his presence. Those numbers on the server that we call cash play a great role on maintaining it. Ever thought that way ? So No, we can't just say to money bye-bye and RP without it. I mean PERP is based on one circle which is earn money.
No money = No skills = No level = No enjoyment = No RP

And yes people seem to lose RP... well some. because they are new and just skip reading the rules and laws because they came to enjoy their way

Reaction score
You can try to RP but It never happens unless you find someone skilled in the art of serious RP. I have been encouraging RP in the police force by developing roles that you can fill including detective and human resources.

Truth is that you cant teach people rp if they think the whole server is GTA.

Reaction score
Increase RP isn't so hard i've started an experiment a few weeks ago wich consist in asking, as delivery guy, to sign a document before giving the package. After some days someone also responded to my rp asking if I had a pen. I was almost moved :')
Start form little thing, that's not so hard, isn't it?

Reaction score
The concept of it isnt making money and becoming strong
I hope you understand that you basicly work and make money ¼ of your life. Every adult does it and since were all 20+ characters on the server were also supposed to work just in real life. In real life Its all about your power and strenght, otherwise there wouldn't be bosses, promotions, firing workers and so on.

and have fun roleplaying instead of killing and woo-hoo action stuff

I don't see whats wrong with killing and action. Everyone can have their own type of play style. Some people like being roadcrew, delivery or taxi which is calm and mostly doesn't involve much action. Just like real life On the other hand you have people who are part of a criminal gang, grow drugs because they're addicted to them, because they're desperate of money, they have family problems or just business men who just want money. Just like real life
Now there is some rules who restricts having mass criminals every day like RDM and 3.6, real life has men like suicide bombers, mass terrorist who kill innocent people or crazy people who kill others for fun. But since to much sweaters would join and it all would been a huge DM there are not these types of men
Being a police officer is also allot of actions, but there is nothing wrong with that is it?

I think that you think everything that has to do with shooting and criminality is wrong.

Buts lets face it, without our 60 player base on the server all having their own play style would there be any RP at all?

Reactions: Ash
Reaction score
I hope you understand that you basicly work and make money ¼ of your life. Every adult does it and since were all 20+ characters on the server were also supposed to work just in real life. In real life Its all about your power and strenght, otherwise there wouldn't be bosses, promotions, firing workers and so on.
I think i didnt pronounce that as i wanted to, i wanted to say that its not the only concept.
About the other thing you said, where people are in a criminal gang and such, im not talking about you shouldnt do it, im talking about you need to do other stuff that even the strongest men on earth do, which is not grow drugs and kill 24/7, its deeper into day to day basis, taking a shower, having a talk with friend, chill with them, not just grow and grow and kill and kill. Thats really RP, i think these day to day features should be added, for more RP. Im still thinking on stuff and systems for them to make and produce more RP instead of people doing crime only.

Reaction score
I do RP to my very extent about everyday, every minute that I'm online as I'm playing in the government 95% of my time. While being medic, I try do /me actions like reviving, bandages, checking condition however most players that I interact with just says use your damn healer on me, so I do see that people don't like to RP with me as medic unlike a few. When I'm officer, most people tend to just run away in their car, and never shows any sign of RP pull overs, so yeah.. I do my best to RP as an officer, but I'm gonna say that some people would need to improve significant to make it funnier. Also I don't think that new people likes to RP at its finest, as they may want a car first and some money to buy materials.

Reaction score
The past days I've had great success when it comes to roleplay. Plenty of people have already met me and my two "old" friends @Madda2820 / @Madda2000 and @Stomper. I'd suggest that more people should buy a house in the Suburbs as Swiper recommends. It boosts the roleplay atmosphere and it serves the original purpose of the PERP serious roleplay gamemode.

In average we've spent $100.000 the past few days in matter to maintain our characters. We have bought shitty vehicles so that we can adapt to the lifestyle of being retired (or unemployed). We try our best not to violate traffic laws (running red lights intentionally) etc.

We never grow drugs, however many people come by and raid our house as we're gathered around the TV watching old documentaries about something that once happened in Russia. We can't prevent that from happening, unfortunately. We do also call the paramedics once in a while because of our old age diseases requires medical attention. Furthermore we often take our cars and go to the docks so that we can fish and have a good time. 9/10 times our doors will be standing open once we return after a short trip. It's a shame that many people seems to have misunderstood the concept of a "real life simulator". I know that it can't be compared 100 pct. but if people begin to roleplay instead of thinking about whose house they should raid next time, mug etc. I think the server would be a better place. Don't get me wrong - events like those I've just mentioned have to take place in matter to keep the gamemode enjoyable and exciting - as long as it doesn't happen too often. Roleplaying as old folks might seem either strange or boring. Simply use your imagination and common sense.

I'm not trying to say that we're better roleplayers than others. All I'm trying is to encourage others to take "responsibility".

5F3FADF01BCDC89042D9F185E0D43B5616C53444

69F736C786FE1114108983CD9FB2ABEA0997861A

TjpLMcM.jpg

Last edited:

Ayjay

Reaction score
I've always hated the amount of bad roleplay on the server and I think the Senior Administration (1 half of it) is to blame for not finding more productive ways of fixing some of these issues. Maybe if Bolli wasnt so lazy, and standards improved we wouldn't have so many problems.

Maybe Alex, James, Cevin, Sam, Lewis, Evil and me wouldnt of resigned if these problems werent here.

That's my opinion, do with it as you wish.

Reaction score
Almost everyone wants to earn money for purchase good cars and that people dont roleplay properly, breaking rules etc. This is really annoying sometimes... reporting cant help always in my opinion, there should be a way to clear up that people in this community.

For example, a guy, i dont remember his Ic name, lets say his steam name is John Doe, 2 days ago raided into my apt (Everything is fine, for now) and he killed me and my friend, we were unarmed and we were not posing threat for him (cuz we were rebuilding) and he just shot us like playing DarkRP and i reported him and now he got banned. My advise, if anyone see when someone breaking rules or something, he/she must report that rulebreaker on forums or in-game (i advise forums) that will make people get their lesson, i believe.

PH People is lazy for report people sometimes.

Reaction score
Well there isn't really roleplaying since everyone just wants to ban each other... That's my opinion on the community.

And if you take that away and enforce the rules in a better and polite matter, more people will listen more carefully and maybe than we can have less rule breakers and better roleplaying. Because now all what people are doing is trying to have some fun. And if they can't have some fun they most likely break rules (not intended.). And they get banned and that's another member down in the hole...

If the community just starts to help each other and play this game for fun instead of just banhammering on everyone. Maybe than you'll have more people happily roleplaying...

Reaction score
Nothing is being brought up on how to improve the role play. We simply just can't throw a spell down onto people which gets them to seriously role play. The staff team are constantly trying to make the server as best as possible and we can't do it without the community's help, if you have an idea on how to fix the problems, consider making a suggestion.

And for the people that are complaining about warnings; how the hell are we meant to keep tabs on the entire player base? If somebody accidentally breaks a rule, they get educated by it and will most likely receive a warning depending on the severity and if it interfered with any RP. If we just let Bob off with his 'accidental' rule break and he goes ahead and does it again, how are we supposed to know he's done it before? Then Bob breaks that rule 'accidentally' So Sally the staff member cuts him loose without a warning. Then Bob goes ahead and break- I think you get it. We have the warning list for a reason and it's an amazing tool for us staff member, we're able to see if people have broken the same rule twice and to see if they break rules I'm general. You shouldn't be that concerned about warnings, I'm guessing you guys have got some? If they're from a month back or so, we generally don't the notice of them unless you were to break the same rule again. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say, also spelling errors due to phone.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.