Police Suggestion RTU’s primary vehicles.

Reaction score
Brief description of idea:

Swap the top speeds of the RTU Porsche and BMW.

This would give both vehicles more proportionate stats without necessarily nerfing RTU heavily. Most cars that can outspeed the current Porsche lack the strength to fight the BMW off if they attempt tactical contact, whilst the Porsche can ram virtually any vehicle off the road. The BMW will suit this new branch of life beautifully.

The Porsche outperforms the BMW in virtually all relevant aspects. Acceleration and drifting not included, but doesn’t matter when chasing cars on the highway.

Currently, the BMW is suggested to be used at speed traps in the Handbook, but it never is, because the Porsche is better than it.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
- Makes heaps more sense
- BMW not being a dust farm
What potential negatives could this have for the department:
Porsche nerf? Not really though when the car with better drifting skill is getting buffed with the Porsches top speed.

Other additions: None.

Reaction score
The true balance we need. Porsche shouldn't be better than the BMW. I can see some serious co-operation happening when RTOs work together and actually use their brain for once, once their primary vehicle becomes nothing more than preference, not the meta.

As an RTO, I think this would fully incorporate the "specialization" that the division is all about. It would force RTOs to use the tactics, strategies and teamwork they've learned in training, and not just go solo and ram cars off the road in their bulldozer of a car.

This does raise a concern for capabilities of a lone officer on-duty at like 1AM, but I'm sure there'll be ways around it if the officer is smart enough.