Rule 1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
1.4 Co-operation and Evasion
If a staff member requests information about an incident, users must respond honestly and without omission. PERPHeads uses an automatic demo recording feature which is not to be disabled or tampered with at any time; recordings will be available in garrysmod/demos. If a staff member requests a demo file, and that demo file was recorded within the last 21 days, you are obligated to upload it (i.e. users may safely delete demos which are older than 21 days). It is the user's responsibility to ensure that there is enough disk space on the drive that Garry's Mod is installed on to ensure that demos record. Staff members must give user’s a minimum of 24 hours to allow the user to find the specific evidence needed for the situation.

I am sorry, but this is unacceptable. I have known that this has been around now for some time, and it may aid in assisting with administration, but this is a complete violation of privacy in terms of enforcement.

If I am doing something on my Garry's Mod client (Possibly in the steam overlay) while playing at the same time and it happens to be captured on the demo, and I am forced to upload that to the website for administrative purposes which would mean some kind of personal information being leaked, then the simple answer is I am not going to do that. PERIOD.

Not only does this clutter up my storage on my PC which is already limited, but this is simply unethical in terms of people's privacy.

I feel that this rule needs to be reworded to not include the requirement to provide demos and the server needs to stop automatically recording my gameplay and storing it on MY PERSONAL PC.

It is the user's responsibility to ensure that there is enough disk space on the drive that Garry's Mod is installed on to ensure that demos record.
Excuse you? This wording just pissed me off...

This entire rule, with the exception of the beginning which requires users to cooperate with a staff member's request of information, is complete bullshit and needs to be removed.

f6CWYnT5S2SSJCc0nF8DLw.png

This is wasting space on my PC which could be used for many better purposes. These files are considered my property, and by you threatening me to keep them for a minimum of 21 days is simply unethical, when you don't even own that property.

Reaction score
What private part of yours got violated so much that you made this thread? You're free to not play on the server if you feel that this is wrong, you're the first to bring up something so ridiculous. It's a game, nothing about your privacy gets leaked...unless your real name is Larry Gibbons but that would be your own fault.

1.4 makes the administration life less painful due to the amount of time people take to upload some simple evidence related to a situation. It pressures users which is intended to so if they do hide something they will be banned asap instead of a month later and break more rules in the process.

Edit:
Maybe you should change this information if you're so concerned about your privacy
hH2U2pT.png

t00nXwK.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
What private part of yours get violated so much that you made this thread? You're free to not play on the server if you feel that this is wrong, you're the first to bring up something so ridiculous. It's a game, nothing about your privacy gets leaked...unless your real name is Larry Gibbons but that would be your own fault.

1.4 makes the administration life less painful due to the amount of time people take to upload some simple evidence related to a situation. It pressures users which is inteded to so if they do hide something they will be banned asap instead of a month later and break more rules in the process.

I truly understand the reasoning behind it, and to look at it from an unbiased point of view, it is a very smart and innovative idea for an administration team, but from my personal views and standpoint, I am against it.

I personally do not feel I am obligated to keep data stored on my PC which I own, and I can do with as I please. It is a clutter of my data and I want to stop having to remove it once a month.

Edit:
you're the first to bring up something so ridiculous.
This is not ridiculous to me, this is a serious privacy concern.

Reaction score
I assume no one has told you they have the ability to screenshot your overlay at any given point and when you download addons they have a couple of files that catch you when ban evading?? :D

Reaction score
I truly understand the reasoning behind it, and to look at it from an unbiased point of view, it is a very smart and innovative idea for an administration team, but from my personal views and standpoint, I am against it.

I personally do not feel I am obligated to keep data stored on my PC which I own, and I can do with as I please. It is a clutter of my data and I want to stop having to remove it once a month.
Only your game gets recorded, NOTHING ELSE. Nothing of your privacy is at danger.

Please never use a pc again if you dont want programs to store files.

Dont be so fucking retarded, if you dont want them go ahead and delete them? Just dont cry on an AR...

Reaction score
Only your game gets recorded, NOTHING ELSE. Nothing of your privacy is at danger.

Please never use a pc again if you dont want programs to store files.

Dont be so fucking retarded, if you dont want them go ahead and delete them? Just dont cry on an AR...
First of all, this was meant to bring up proper discussion, not for you to be an asshole and use profanity simply because you have an opposing view.

Your statement that only your game gets recorded is NOT true. When a demo is recording, it will record anything occurring within the hl2.exe client, this includes the use of the steam overlay and other menu features.

Reaction score
You can already delete like 90% of those demos if you're that concerned about storage space.
Demos only record the game and do not show up if you were to activate steam overlay, nor does it show any messages you might have received or sent in friend chats etc.
If you really want to, just do stopdemo in concolse, but do so at your own risk.
Oh and btw, if you're really that concerned about your privacy being breached you'd shit yourself if you knew some of the tools people like our favorite Fredyboi has at his disposal

Last edited:
Reaction score
If you don't like the rule 1.4 then simply don't play the server if u feel like your "property rights" are being violated then you are being forced to play the server

Reaction score
I am sorry, but this is unacceptable. I have known that this has been around now for some time, and it may aid in assisting with administration, but this is a complete violation of privacy in terms of enforcement.

If I am doing something on my Garry's Mod client (Possibly in the steam overlay) while playing at the same time and it happens to be captured on the demo, and I am forced to upload that to the website for administrative purposes which would mean some kind of personal information being leaked, then the simple answer is I am not going to do that. PERIOD.

Not only does this clutter up my storage on my PC which is already limited, but this is simply unethical in terms of people's privacy.

I feel that this rule needs to be reworded to not include the requirement to provide demos and the server needs to stop automatically recording my gameplay and storing it on MY PERSONAL PC.

Excuse you? This wording just pissed me off...

This entire rule, with the exception of the beginning which requires users to cooperate with a staff member's request of information, is complete bullshit and needs to be removed.

f6CWYnT5S2SSJCc0nF8DLw.png

This is wasting space on my PC which could be used for many better purposes. These files are considered my property, and by you threatening me to keep them for a minimum of 21 days is simply unethical, when you don't even own that property.
You look like a cock pls delete the post, if you don’t like the rule then don’t play for fuck sake, this rule helps massively in administrative situations and can be very very useful in catching rulebreakers, stop moaning and choose to abide by the rule or just stop playing

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain you're just confused.
The demo system does NOT record your steam overlay and simply records all gameplay.

There is no privacy being invaded here unless you're the type to do 'sex rp' then I might consider it a violation of my safe space, but that's a whole different story.

Nothing specifically tells you to remove the demo files once a month, and they hardly take up disk space. They're simply information files to recall every player's positions and stats, entities, items and the like.
Here's a single demo file from an hour of gameplay (the demo system automatically stops and records a new demo after an hour)
e1787234e3.png

And compare that to the entire folder.
0bc2fd2a1c.png

Which is about 8 months old now.

Husky makes a point here, the owners of the server can screenshot your overlay whenever they please, however they don't really do it that often unless they've been alerted of someone either cheating or metagaming.

DID YOU KNOW THAT GOOGLE, YOUR EMAIL, SEARCH HISTORY AND WEB BROWSER STORES SENSITIVE INFORMATION RIGHT NOW?
Your privacy isn't as private as you might think it is on the internet.

In the end if you don't like having a server storing files on your PC as a means to allow the user to provide evidence then by all means, please leave the community and never bother us with this again.
You even agreed to the rules when you joined and clicked that big 'I agree' button.
In hindsight, you don't really have the rights to complain since you already agreed to them.

TLDR: No your steam overlay isn't being recorded, have you even bothered to test record a demo then view it back?

Reaction score
You can already delete like 90% of those demos if you're that concerned about storage space.
Demos only record the game and do not show up if you were to activate steam overlay, nor does it show any messages you might have received or sent in friend chats etc.
If you really want to. Just do stopdemo in concolse, but do so at your own risk.
Oh and btw, if you're really that concerned about your privacy being breached you'd shit yourself if you knew some of the tools people like our favorite Fredyboi has at his disposal
It is not only just a matter of privacy, it is a matter of my property rights.

Reaction score
There’s nothing stopping you from leaving the community. Just leave and go cry somewhere else about your right being “violated”
lmfao, I don't want to leave. I like playing on Perpheads I am simply saying that I personally feel this rule should be removed/modified.

I wanted to know if people felt the same way. I can see some have supported me, others have opposed my views and then some people decided to simply act like an SJW snowflake.

Reaction score
lmfao, I don't want to leave. I like playing on Perpheads I am simply saying that I personally feel this rule should be removed/modified.

I wanted to know if people felt the same way. I can see some have supported me, others have opposed my views and then some people decided to simply act like an SJW snowflake.
Then go and make a rule change suggestion. It’s not gonna be changed though so you can pack your stuff if you don’t want your “rights” to be “violated”

Reaction score
Then go and make a rule change suggestion. It’s not gonna be changed though so you can pack your stuff if you don’t want your “rights” to be “violated”
Na fam, I just wanted to get people's perspective on this situation. I obviously have a very strong opinion towards this, but you seem to also have other issues which you are attempting to take out on this thread.

In terms of this thread, I can see the majority are against my idea, and I respect that. I am NOT leaving Perpheads lmao, I am not a snowflake. I am simply pointing out my opinions with something I disagree with.

I honestly don't know why people get offended at the idea of change.

Reaction score
He is just exercising his rights as a user to open up a conversation regarding something he deems unfair. Telling people to "GTFO if youre unsatisfied omg stop crying u lil baby" is not contributing to the discussion he has opened.
I also think his arguments for wanting to change the rules aren't quite valid, but shouting at people like some sperg simply because you disagree does not benefit anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.