Rule of the Month Introduction

What rule should be focused on first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Proposed change:

3.15 Vehicle Damage

Players must avoid damaging the vehicle they are currently driving to the best of their ability and make a constant effort to avoid colliding with other cars, walls or other entities. This also applies if the car in question is stolen or work-related. Players who commit an action that is likely to cause damage to their vehicle must have a valid reason to do so that outweighs the risks associated. For example, Fleeing life-threatening danger or running someone over in defence of yourself or someone else are justified reasons to collide with objects or otherwise damage the car. Ramming cars out of a Parking space solely to claim that parking space is also prohibited.
I'd also suggest adding an additional rule, although this would fall under 4.4 Roadcrew workers specifically. The problem is that most roadcrew workers don't care and tow vehicles from the literal door which causes further damages to the property and traffic around them when they're not being properly towed from under the vehicle at the front or rear (Is this possible to restrict via code??)

Also seeing as this says "best of their ability" this would also hopefully stop people from driving their flat tyre vehicles from city garage all the way to business as you can literally just not do it and take the monorail like a normal human being and claim the car there for repairs.

But the new version looks perfect, no objections here.

Reaction score
I'd also suggest adding an additional rule, although this would fall under 4.4 Roadcrew workers specifically. The problem is that most roadcrew workers don't care and tow vehicles from the literal door which causes further damages to the property and traffic around them when they're not being properly towed from under the vehicle at the front or rear (Is this possible to restrict via code??)
Do not forget the flying tow trucks you will get from this, specially if its towing for example an Ambulance, or TFU truck (for any reason what so ever)

Reaction score
Also seeing as this says "best of their ability" this would also hopefully stop people from driving their flat tyre vehicles from city garage all the way to business as you can literally just not do it and take the monorail like a normal human being and claim the car there for repairs.
There's a difference between a rule violation and a law violation.

Let's not turn everything into a warning/ban.

Let players mess about and have fun...

Reaction score

When you have the STRONGEST and HEAVIEST vehicle that gmod lets you have (Unless they edited it but i doubt it) combined with horrible drivers swinging around wrecking balls behind them its bad enough there neesd to be a rule for it. I cant even count the amount of times roadcrew has taken the turn to go down slums road and killed people or totaled cars or etc because they were towing on the door.

I do get your point though but this is a case where its a problem.

Reaction score

There is already a rule in place for this, it's called 4.1 and Roadcrew workers fall under the same category as they're counted towards government employees (Taxi and Courier fall under city employees).

When you have the biggest and mingiest vehicle ever made for this gamemode there should be clearer rules for new players in that job to follow. They also come equipped with a wrench to continue their mess.
The fire engine for example is also bad but less so due to its shit handling and oversize.

Reaction score
There is already a rule in place for this, it's called 4.1 and Roadcrew workers fall under the same category as they're counted towards government employees (Taxi and Courier fall under city employees).

When you have the biggest and mingiest vehicle ever made for this gamemode there should be clearer rules for new players in that job to follow. They also come equipped with a wrench to continue their mess.
The fire engine for example is also bad but less so due to its shit handling and oversize.
I was talking about popped tyres???

Reaction score
I didn't see you only selected a part of the quote, that's my bad.

Still, I see driving with popped tyres intentionally incredibly stupid and causes harm for those around you.

Reaction score
This is something @Ellie came up with and I have wanted to do it for a while but we decided against it ages ago but I cannot remember why. Anyway, this is a scheme that will feature alongside/within the Community Spotlight each month, we will vote on a rule that we want to discuss as a community to clear up any confusion and then staff will proactively enforce the rule. There will also be the opportunity for staff to give regular examples of the rule violations in Slack so that we can guide the community on what they should avoid doing.

The goals of this are as follows:
  • Enforce rules that have maybe not been enforced properly/consistently for a while.​
  • Clear up any confusion between staff and players on certain rules, it should also remove some of the divides when it comes to the two communities.​
  • Discuss whether the rule should be changed to reflect the current state of the community.​
  • Give more detailed examples than the rule itself gives.​
Vote on the poll above for the first rule to be focused on.

And of course discuss this addition below, specifically any other ways we could make this more useful!

Bro really tried to slip Ohio in there

Reaction score
I didn't see you only selected a part of the quote, that's my bad.

Still, I see driving with popped tyres intentionally incredibly stupid and causes harm for those around you.
Again, that's an in character matter.

It's also intentionally incredibly stupid do to most things, but it's a game.

Reaction score
3.15 has been updated. Please update yourself on the new rule.

3.16 has also been updated, nothing of note has changed in how it is enforced.

Players are not allowed to go idle for a prolonged period of time, while on the server. Players who go idle for a prolonged amount of time on the server may be automatically kicked at higher player counts. Players are prohibited from going idle during a roleplay situation, however, if they have a reasonable reason they may go idle provided they inform every player involved in LOOC and submit a /report to inform an admin they have gone idle.