Reaction score
Punishment Type: Server Ban
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @clarke
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: 2 Months

Your Steam Name: ALOO89
Your Roleplay Name: Leonard Bushross
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:169228602

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 3.4 - Whilst knowingly wanted by the police, the user decided to steal vehicles near the police department which attracted attention to them - this resulted in the police being shot.

Why should this appeal be considered?: I was recently banned for the reason

3.4 - Whilst knowingly wanted by the police, the user decided to steal vehicles near the police department which attracted attention to them - this resulted in the police being shot.

I believe this ban for 3.4 is not just.
Rule 3.4 and guide as shown below gives a criteria:

The message shown above explains:

1.The crime must be done in a realistic fashion
2.For beneficial reason
3.Not nearby (eye shot) of police or government employees.
If I was to raid slums. The 3 boxes above would be checked off the same as if I was stealing a car at the slums parking lot.

Further context is needed to understand my reasoning as well. The ban reason states too broadly “stealing cars,” when in reality I was specific in what car I wanted for good reason.

To address this irrelevant argument that is being brought up regarding the value of the car and the level of benefit my crime brings. In this context, my crime was specifically beneficial to my character because:

1. The vehicle being stolen is a Jeep Wrangler, worth $185,000
2. My organization is in a race with the 2nd place organization for the #1 spot on the leaderboard. Therefore a mention-worthy benefit is the organization XP gained by conducting this activity.
3. I was deciding if I wanted to buy this vehicle but I saw it parked and decided to take that opportunity to have it for myself, further helping me analyze if I like it or not you can see my "ooc messages or watch my demo i saided ig to my friend"

Lastly I want to explain that upon the shooting taking place. It was only one officer who responded and he was swiftly killed, then I made my immediate escape successfully. This shows I was very cautious while conducting this criminal activity and my intention was clearly NOT to “bait a shootout or steal just any random cars.”

Reaction score

Had you not have been warranted, you would have only been risking a sentence of 3 years and a $3000 fine (11.6). This would have made the benefits of stealing the vehicle outweigh the possible risks. Stealing a vehicle whilst warranted for murder puts your life and liberty at risk significantly. The possibility of being jailed for 10 years far outweighs the benefit gained from stealing the vehicle. The fact that the vehicle was located in a very public area, close to the PD, makes the risk of being caught even higher. If not jailed, this situation would have inevitably lead to a gun fight with police, putting not only your liberty at risk, but also your life. Fostering the possibility of an unnecessary shootout with very little possible benefit does not make sense.

Stealing a vehicle is not akin to raiding due to the fact that raiding has the possibility of significantly benefiting you monetarily (Drugs, guns etc).

All you gained was org XP, which does not have any tangible benefit to your org besides vanity and bragging rights. Test drives are available for a reason.

Reviewed with @Collier

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.