Servicing Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Firstly so the critics do not go mad copy and pasting the template is hard work when usng andriod.

Topic
Vehicle maintenance

Short Explaination
Creates damage on your Vehicle that effects it in different ways depending on the damage and can only be repaired at certain intervals.

Detailed Explaination
Everywhere I look I see players driving their cars like theybare playing GTA and not giving a damn about crashing. This will prevent fail driving by making people more careful about how they drive to prevent having problems. Your car everytime it is in a big crash will have a chance of recieving damage which can only be repaired by servicing. To prevent people not giving a damn the Servicing it will be set on a long timer. The timer itself will be very long but not too long 1 - 3 days so that these damages can stack up. The damage itself will vary and will be a probability value yet you can only recieve one damage each crash. The damage will vary from headlight to radiator costing the owner money to get it repaired. While your Vehicle cannot be disabled by the damage it will be effected by it that means headlights not working or bad acceleration.

So what happens if you are a proud and careful driver which has no damage yet gets his Vehicle serviced? When you service something with no damage you will get a bonus from your insurance for being a careful driver. I am hoping that this will result in less fail driving and people who scream at you because you rammed into the back of him.

Additional Comments

It may seem impossible but look at the damage mod the cars have now. This was purely made to benifit both OOC and IC this is the future of car crashes and roleplaying a crash.

Reaction score
So in a nutshell. You're suggesting we add up each time you "stall" your car, those types of crashes. Then as you proceed to get more, things start to go wrong with your car?

Reaction score
+support I have had many sports car hit me and stall. I'm not a good driver myself but that's why I don't have a fast car. I like this idea, and maybe have different parts you can craft to manually service your car for cheaper but taking longer due to crafting?

Reaction score
+Support
This would stop people twatting their cars into barriers/driving like a mong. It's also pretty cool having specific damage to your car.

Reaction score
+Support. Not only because of the people actually giving a crap when driving their cars but also because roadcrew could maybe become a more popular job.

Status
Not open for further replies.