[SFM Short] The shooting range.

Reaction score
My third SFM render.
My first two was @Puffy Sandvich's profile picture and mine, and they were both still image posters.
This time I wanted to create some sort of animation, regardless of how good it was.

Honestly for my skill level, this turned out better than I thought it would and I'm fine with sharing it here.
Enjoy!

I set plenty of goals for myself when I started working on this.
My priority goal was to learn something.
My second goal was to make some sort of shooting range animation, and also make it loop nicely.
My third goal involved a set of sub-goals specific to the contents of the animation in the video.
I wanted the gun to spin as it came into frame, and I also wanted it to be loaded on camera and have a serious malfunction to end it. The ending where the gun was discarded was improvised, but turned out fairly well.

There are many imperfections, but after working on it for about 12 hours today with the fever I have, I decided I just wanted to push it to the finish line and end it here. I didn't want to wake up tomorrow and forget what I was doing, or where I left off. Getting oriented is half the battle as a beginner animator, lol.

Yes, I am aware no shell casings, or bullet impacts are shown. I chose to omit these from the animation in an effort to push it out today so I could start on something else. Overall I just felt done with the project, and I wasn't up for adding any more details.

Safe to say that I learned a lot of what to do, and what specifically not to do when animating.

@Super_ Not my "ambitious project" btw.

Reaction score
Considering this is your third project with SFM and you're already getting into animation this is quite a feat to be proud of, even if there imperfections. What's more impressive is actually finishing a project. For me, trying to complete an animation project is like ripping my hair out at times as one minute you'll have ideas and then the next they're all gone and you lose motiviation and end up forgetting about it, so definitely great work managing to finish it!

If you want a good piece of a media to help you learn SFM better, these two videos helped me out quite a bit:

Reaction score
first 2 seconds I was impressed (probably because I have no clue about this or how to do it) however it is still really cool, there are some clear perfections that need to be made but all in all it is quite good, well done! I hope you keep up at this as I would like to see more of this, quite unique in the perp community

Reaction score
Honestly this is very well done, I didn't even think of any of the imperfections that you mentioned because there is so much that was done well here, no need to focus on the negative. I don't know how SFM works but animations always seem incredibly hard so seriously good job.