Shooting Range, Marksmanship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I guess this is the most appropiate section to post questions.

Is Marksmanship really worth leveling up? Like at the shooting range? How big is the change from 0 Marksmanship to 100?

Reaction score
I reached level 50 rifle marksmanship a while ago. It has made a significant difference in my opinion, it is just a shame nobody else can tell because of how bad I generally am at aiming a weapon.

Reaction score
It is, really. After you level up marksmanship on any gun type you will notice a big difference. Recoil gets lowered drastically and every penny is worth it. I'm sitting on rifle marksmanship 20 and can shoot people very easily. Look at this video, it will show you what high rifle marksmanship does to your accuracy:
(Credit to @Youseff , Ill remove the vid if he wants me to.)

Reaction score
Rifle Marksmenship is a good thing to have, especially, increases the recoil and accuracy imo. Shotgun however, it doesn't make a difference. Me and @Feng Yamaguchi the other day put to the test the shotgun marksmenship. I had 9 and he had 42, yet, my bullet spread was better and smaller than what his was making shotgun marksmenship useless.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Also, something note-worthy to say about shotgun marksmanship: It sucks. Because of the type of shell a shotgun uses, which is buckshot, it fires ~30 pellets into the air to do 'maximum damage'. Garry's mod follows the cliche "Shooting more that 5m away makes your shotgun fire tin foil". Because we don't have some sort of super jedi powers to control the pellet's trajectory, it only makes the recoil lower. This is the most obvious with the SPAS 12 which litteraly breaks your back when you fire it. Having ~20 shotgun marksmanship is just fine imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.