Making shotguns less time and money consuming to level/train in the firing range - The suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
featuring a murderously long thread title

Discussion Post:
https://perpheads.com/threads/make-...consuming-to-level-in-the-firing-range.18566/

Main Idea: Make shotguns less time and money consuming to level/train in the shooting range by adjusting the amount of XP you get for hitting the target and only making the "Short" and "Medium" range option available for the shotguns as any further options are pointless to train with such a close range weapon.

Full description of the idea:
The idea of this is so that the shotguns in the shooting range should only be used in the "Close" range option (Which is not available in the server for some reason if you'd want to train with a shotgun) and the second one being the "Medium" range option. We only have the "Medium" (Including "Long" and "Very Long" range which is just ridiculous for a shotgun) range option at the moment and it's very hard to hit the target with a shotgun from a range like "Medium" already and barely gives you and XP to train your marksmanship for shotguns with. Adjusting the XP given for "Close" and "Medium" would fix this issue.

Why should it be added?: At the moment, shotguns are very hard to level in the firing range. For example, I needed 11 Buckshot 00 boxes to level my shotgun marksmanship from 15 to 18, medium range, Benelli was used for this. Later on I used the Remington 870 with the long range option (Out of my own experience, you get more XP for the longer range options so I tried that one out.) I used around 6 boxes of Buckshot 00, none of them gave me any kind of marksmanship level, I was nearly on 19 but if you ask me, it's pretty hard to level the shotgun marksmanship in the shooting range if you can't even select the "Close" range option nor gain any good amount of XP if you hit the target in the "Medium" option. At that point I just quit the range since it was a waste of Buckshot for me and left with 5 Buckshot 00 left in my inventory.

Pros: Actually be able to "double-tap" efficiently with a double barreled shotgun when you could train your shotgun marksmanship properly in the future.
Less time and money consuming to train.
Would make shotguns viable again. (Edit:with the addition of SPAS-12, shotguns are the best thing ever)

Cons: None, this just brings pros.

Other additions: None.

Video of the Remington 870 in long range:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Its all good having shotgun marksmanship, but theres only 3 shotguns atm and there all pretty bad compared to most other rifles so i think along with making it easier to get shotgun marksmanship they should just add more shotguns (Not just op sawn-offs :( )

Reaction score
I completely agree on this. It is painfully slow to level up in shotguns. I'm only at lvl 14 right now, and I don't even want to imagine how long it will take to level up once you hit lvl 90...

Reaction score
I agree on this. For relevant data it took me 8 buckshots on the medium range to hit level 6. Compared to the other markmanship skills it's quite different. I believe it can be easily fixed with a close range only for shotguns.

Reaction score
This is no longer needed the SPAS-12 is the best thing I have ever seen

its actually pretty balanced the reload time is a massive balancing factor

Status
Not open for further replies.