Should people be punished for others actions?

Should people who base with cheaters/ban evaders receive punishment?

• Yes

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • No

Votes: 52 70.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Should people be punished for basing with cheaters/ban evaders whether they are well aware of their actions or not? Personally I think hacker association should be bannable but with ban evading it gets tricky. Opinions?

Reaction score
If you didn't know - No.
If you know they are cheating/evading - Yes.
People would be less inclined to cheat if they knew their actions had greater consequences than just themselves being banned. Whether they know about their friend cheating or not it should be bannable, if the ban evader was a prev friend of theirs like @Rafxl_ with @nade it should be bannable.

Reaction score
If staff can actually prove people were aware that a person was ban evading / cheating then sure.
But when it comes down it, especially with cheating, it would be quite easy to just feign ignorance, and therefore I personally believe that the evidence the staff member has accumulated against these persons has to be overwhelmingly in favor of their bans before taking action

Reaction score
Just pretend you don't know when staff asks you and you're set. Seriously tho, basically what lewis said ^

Reaction score
If staff can actually prove people were aware that a person was ban evading / cheating then sure.
But when it comes down it, especially with cheating, it would be quite easy to just feign ignorance, and therefore I personally believe that the evidence the staff member has accumulated against these persons has to be overwhelmingly in favor of their bans before taking action
If you are basing with this person 4/5 hours a day its extremely likely you are well aware of them cheating, unless you raise your suspicion to a staff member it should be enforceable.

Reaction score
Should be punished for 2.6
If you are basing with this person 4/5 hours a day its extremely likely you are well aware of them cheating, unless you raise your suspicion to a staff member it should be enforceable.
But as mentioned, one can quite easily just pretend they had no idea. Under 2.6 the rule states that you should report someone if you believe they have broken a rule. It's quite easy to say you didn't know, or had no suspicion of a rule break.
But as mentioned, if staff has collected evidence pertaining to the fact that you did in fact know said person was cheating / ban evading, I don't see a problem with said players being punished, as long as they are judged appropriately and not just be given a generic perms just because "they knew".

Reaction score
Generally, I'd have to disagree.
Sometimes you just base with someone you don't know or try to help a sweater and then find out he's ban evading or cheating, for example I met this nice guy and all of a sudden:
Vk-wmQ4YTKK6dR-q1gDsww.png

Like honestly, you have no way of knowing.

Reaction score
If you didn't know - No.
If you know they are cheating/evading - Yes.
In a certain sense i agree, but if a real life friend tells you he is going to break a rule, would you seriously snitch him? I mean even though you risk being banned its honestly a dillema. glhf making friends being like this.

Reaction score
Generally, I'd have to disagree.
Sometimes you just base with someone you don't know or try to help a sweater and then find out he's ban evading or cheating, for example I met this nice guy and all of a sudden:
Vk-wmQ4YTKK6dR-q1gDsww.png

Like honestly, you have no way of knowing.
And if you were friends with their prev account?

Reaction score
no, cant be expected to snake out friends

but it would encourage a lot of cheaters to not cheat as they realise their friends also have consequences

Reaction score
no, cant be expected to snake out friends

but it would encourage a lot of cheaters to not cheat as they realise their friends also have consequences
So its a no because we dont like snakes but its good because it would lower cheaters? SIR THIS IS A VERY QUESTIONABLE DISAGREE

rat

Reaction score
If you are aware that they are cheating you are assisting them by not snitching

But at the same time snitches get stitches so it's a tricky one

Reaction score
There was that one time where Ashur was suspected of cheating, then actually banned for cheating. I was in the same raid where he wallhacked and got banned for it, and had no clue. I immediately removed him off steam for that.

I agree that people that know should be punished for aiding (which mainly if people think about it, it should discourage them from cheating or ban evading. In general this also encourages snitching which is frowned upon by friends, duh)

But otherwise if they didn't know, then by all means, try them. But you won't get anything out of them, and punishing without evidence of that they knew is just wrong.

To be fair the rule regarding this is perfectly fine as is, don't be friends with shady people if you don't want to get in trouble.

There are times it's just not worth snitching either while among friends, such as minor rulebreaks like 3.24, 2.1, 3.3, etc. (this depends on where you are and what's going on, but generally this usually only happens when basing somewhere out of roleplay and it's just banter, even propkills happen and noone necessarily cares too much, cause they know it's banter. But sometimes a person tends to go too far, and that's where you draw the line and make a report)

I feel that sometimes rule enforcement is a little too strict, and elsewhere it's not strict enough.
Some examples are out of roleplay banter, or isolated banter in public. Things like this used to be common in 2015 and before, everyone enjoyed themselves and actually had fun. The fuck is 'fun' nowadays?

Vehicle damage is not enforced enough, people ram each other like they're driving a bumper car, especially in police chases. I remember stopping my engine after a medium to major collision with police during a chase, because that's what would have been realistic going way over 50mph.

>bugatti speeds 120 through intersection from suburbs to bazaar
>is scraping wall
>lightly taps police car waiting at red light, shredding bumper, wheel and headlight off in the process
>complains that the officer exists
>pulled over for reckless driving
>IA threats

That's pretty much what happens nowadays, I even see other people yelling and complaining because they themselves crashed into another car that simply existed at that moment in time, with literally no patience they speed off again. (this especially happens at intersections and T-junctions)

Either way, those are my two examples, it's understandable why banter became strictly enforced, and that's because it got out of hand. But the same can be said for bumper cars, but just isn't enforced enough.
It's understandable that hitting the highway walls is caused by ping and general steering issues, but if you got yourself into an accident, you're expected to act it out, take part in the roleplay situation you cause.

Do leave your opinions on this.

Deleted member 6228

I don't think its fair that people who associate with cheaters should be banned.
If you didn't know it's unfair, ie with rayz I never raided a lot with him so never actually knew

Reaction score
#Blanketban ban all ppl that base with cheaters that hide it if it is a blatant cheater leave the others but say it was someone like Lamar cheating (using as a example don't fuck cry saying o lamar doesn't cheat faggot) then all his friends that base with him should be banned as they should of noticed something by then or been told and know about it #DoWhatArmaLifeDoes