Show RP names next to OOC names on the scoreboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dye

Reaction score
As the title says, it would be greatly beneficial to the server to show player's RP names next to their OOC names on the scoreboard.

Here is a scenario:
Someone breaks a rule and you see their IC name and wish to upload your demo and make a ban request. However, you have no idea what their OOC name is so you cannot receive their STEAMID from the console.

Another issue is that there is no way to identify admins IC. If a player claims to be an admin there is no way for the victim player to prove to himself that the other player is an admin. This may sound like a non issue, but could be abused by astute rule breakers who use the anonymity of their IC names to pose as admins to lure a player out of his "base" where he is growing weed. i.e. "oi, come outside and deal with this fail RP or I'll ban you, *victim name*". If the player is new to the server, he'll shit bricks and probably get toasted by the rule breaker.

Why shield rule breakers?

Reaction score
I don't think it is necessary to know which character is who in OOC while RPing.
When you want to report someone and don't know his OOC name just report his IC name, admins will find out who it is.

Dye;n1324 said:
i.e. "oi, come outside and deal with this fail RP or I'll ban you, *victim name*". If the player is new to the server, he'll shit bricks and probably get toasted by the rule breaker.

When an admin is talking about a rule breakage he'll use Local OOC since it's something about the rules and has nothing to do with RP. The other player can see if the guy's name is glowing or not so he'll know if he's an admin.

Dye

Reaction score
Ruby;n1325 said:
I don't think it is necessary to know which character is who in OOC while RPing.

That's not what this thread is about, of course there is no need for that.

Ruby;n1325 said:
When you want to report someone and don't know his OOC name just report his IC name, admins will find out who it is.

How do you plan to do that if it's a new player to the server so the admin does not know it prior to the report? He could check the logs I hear you say, do even the low level admins have access to that data when not on the server? If they don't then there is an issue.

Ruby;n1325 said:
When an admin is talking about a rule breakage he'll use Local OOC since it's something about the rules and has nothing to do with RP. The other player can see if the guy's name is glowing or not so he'll know if he's an admin.

An admin will, a rule breaker won't.

You say it is not needed, but I do not hear you stating any downsides.

Status
Not open for further replies.