smoking in public

Reaction score
Is this a new law or a change to a current law: new law

What law do you wish to change/add:
making it illegal to smoke in public buildings

Why should this change/addition be made:

im not sure in other country's but in the uk it is illegal to smoke in a public setting eg. a train station, and as the server is meant to emulate real life i believe it should be a law where you cannot smoke in public buildings, like the pd or city hall.

What is the aim of this change/addition: its aimed to make it abit more realistic, because there are times when i am in the pd lobby that 5 people will just smoke right in front of the desk officer. irl this would not happen, you would be told of or given a fine.

Additional Information: i would only see this as a fine, no need for jail time.

Reaction score
Smoking everywhere is a bit old fashioned.
It's illegal here aswell as it is unhealthy for no smokers, hence why a lot of workplaces/public buildings have a designated smokers room.
maybe add such thing?

I will be +Supporting this as it is in a lot of european countries prohibited to smoke in a public building, the ticket should not be too much though.

Reaction score
Yes, this will be one of those laws we will probably never use (like 11.3), but I am completely ok with it, as it is realistic.
Of course this wouldn't be a priority, and it should be worded properly to make sure that it is allowed to smoke in public areas, but not in public properties, or private without the consent of the owner. Making smoke totally illegal in open areas would be hard to define.

Reaction score
No let's not make even more items useless.

This will only limit people further in role play. The only people who really buy smokes are people who properly role play with them.

M

Reaction score
Bjqo5sr.png

PARALAKE POLICE DEPARTMENT
POLICING AND POLICY

Thank you for your input! This feedback is currently being considered further by the Policing and Policy department.

After this review is complete, the Chiefs of Department will consider the options available such as implementation, community feedback, etc. and you will be informed of any progress here.

Feel free to continue posting your views.

Deleted member 5193

+Support
It is annoying as hell when you're chilling in city hall or something and about 6 guys run in smoking and yelling "VAPE NATION".

Please yes.

Reaction score
I agree with this, in the UK we are not allowed to smoke anywhere which is indoors, or, which isn't a designated smoking area, unless of course, you're just walking in the streets. If this law was to be put into the Paralake penal code, we would need to have signs, such as the no guns sign within the PD, to tell people they can't smoke there.

Reaction score
Lmao this is the dumbest shit ever, we gonna ban smoking in a game now? Dang... surely we can find some better suggestions or things to do then this? The little smoke cloud that dissappears after only a few seconds is annoying to you? I'd like to have my time that I spend scrolling trough this topic back please.

Besides, i barely see anyone smoking to begin with. I did however see a street vendor selling it a week ago or something. Can't remember who set it up but that's good RP in my book. This law wouldn't do anything really, what officer is gonna go around ticketing people for such minor thing?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree with this as it states in building where it should not happen i.e. PD, Hospital, FD and probably Fuel Pumps but with regards to them blowing smoke everywhere, if it hits you its assault due the (irl term) of chemicals hitting your and forcing your lungs to take the damage