[SOLVED] Issue with internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Recently I got a new modem that doubles as a router as well. I am able to access the internet via wifi on all other devices in my house (another laptop, consoles, phones). However, my PC laptop running windows 10 is unable to pick up the wifi signal and cannot connect properly when an ethernet cable is run. Please note that it is able to receive other wifi networks and my own does not even appear on the list. I'm pretty much unable to use the laptop for anything as I've been trying for a day or so but with no luck. Thanks.

Name: ARRIS
Model Number: TG1672G
P/N: TG02DHQ1672
NOTE: I am using the 5GHZ Wifi opposed to the 2.4GHZ Wifi (they are different wifi networks)
NOTE(pt. 2): I am using the first Ethernet Port. I have tried others with no luck.

Dell Inspiron 3521
Windows 10
64 bit
Intel Core i5-3337U 1.80GHz

Last edited:

Kay

Reaction score
Happend to me before , Are you sure that you've set it up correctly and set up the signal? That was my problem and it was that I didn't set the range of the signal I wanted it to go.
(Different Internet)

Reaction score
Not many laptops have the capability for 5GHz. Can you connect to the 2.4GHz network? Also post your PC specs, mainly interested in the wireless adaptor.

Status
Not open for further replies.