[SOLVED] Won't be able to play till i get this proplem fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello People of paralake
Hey guys some of you may know that I've been a idiot and in a attempt to decrease my ping I typed in a code in "Set launch options" the code in question is "-dxlevel 80 +mat_antialias 0 window" if anyone knows how to fix this problem I am open to suggestions I sort of want to get this fixed as soon as possible because I sent my stage 2 and am expecting a reply tomorrow so if I get it I want to be on so if anyone knows anyway I can fix this problem I would be glad to here it. bellow is the problem I am having.

When I am Joining the Server it goes onto the bit where it says downloading maps/grapths/paralake_v2_.aim or something like that and when it does that it freezes for a bit then goes back onto my computer desktop no Hl2.exe has stopped working nothing like that.
---------------------------
Again if anyone knows how I fix this it will be fantastic for you to tell me.

Thanks And Regards Appricey
Officer Of PLPD

Deleted member 27

I wouldn't mess around with launch options.
Last time i did i had some weird problems too.
I would recommend you to take all the launch options out, uninstall gmod, shutdown the PC, install gmod, shutdown the PC, verify for game cache ,play a bit of gmod singleplayer, close GMOD, open gmod, try to join the server.

Also, could you please upload the HL2 crash file located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod

Reaction score
Okay this is a serious matter. You fucked with the Launch options which is a really bad thing to do. Have you tried turning it off and on again!? Because that doesn't work. (The serious thing to try do. (Other than turning it off and on again) ) Try reinstalling the game. If that doesn't work try to delete the code from the launch options (You should of already done that if you didn't know).
My Final tip is to delete the Whole of the Gmod folder. Once you have done this go into Properties>Local Files> Verify Integrity of game cache. ( If this doesn't get you your files back reinstall the game and you will get he files back ). I'm no computer scientist but I think at-least one of those will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.