Speed enforcer to have sidearm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/speed-enforcer-to-have-sidearm.20614/

Main Idea: To add more realism to the speed enforcer

Full description of the idea: Currently the traffic officer has no weapons at all. This in my opinion is very odd as the police system is based loosely of America where all cops are routinely armed and swat etc. All officer in America including traffic units. Also in addition the traffic enforcement really have no power to do anything except give tickets or minor things they come across like jaywalking or punch ups as if the chase a wanted male and he used any weapon he cant use the equal amount of force to counter it or in the worse scenarios if the chase turns into a gun fight he cant fight back. They would still be restricted to traffic duties and incidents they come across so that they still are the traffic enforcement not just other cops. there would be not need for any new models etc as they are already in place just adjust the permissions and potentially rejig the rule on speed enforcers slightly so that they could just piss around since they have a gun now.

Why should it be added?: I think it should be added as it allows the speed enforcer to appropriately deal with armed and dangerous persons they encounter while conducting traffic duties.

Pros: -adds more realism
- allows the officers to deal with most situations they encounter
- can assist officers in need if its really needed

Cons: -people may abuse the slot now since they have a gun
- could add the interest and potential of the slot

- people playing as it may respond to other calls apart from ones they are
permitted to
-abusable

*Other additions:

CHP_HOV_traffic_stop.jpg

5.jpg

Philadelphia_Police_-_gang_with_vehicle.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree traffic officers in America do have a firearm. I don't understand why they don't have them in the server to begin with, as well with them being a Premium only job. I think we can trust Premium users a little more don't you?

Reaction score
I think they should have a firearm but not the same as an officer in fact I think it should be worst than an Officers firearm.

Lee

Reaction score
As a volunteer for an American Police Department, we have traffic units, but they don't have a Mercedes benz, and they aren't allowed to pull over people. We call them Community Service Officers or some departments call them Police Aides and they drive around Jeeps with amber lights. They have a police computer and all they deal with is illegally parked cars, and assist with community events. They carry around a baton, pepper spray, ticket book, and a radio.

Reaction score
As far as I know, an exam is not required to becoming a traffic officer. There's already quite a few newer officers who overuse their gun, and sometimes use their guns in traffic stops. The main focus of a traffic cop is to enforce the traffic laws (Section 12 of the Paralake penal code), so I see no real need for a firearm.

Status
Not open for further replies.