Squier or MIDI keyboard

Reaction score
So I wanna buy an instrument but I have a choice:
Either the AKAI PRO MPK MINI MK2 USB MIDI keyboard
Or the Fender Squier Stratocaster

And I'm really not sure
Help

Reaction score
you're asking a gaming community for this, maybe you should ask a keyboard subreddit instead?

Reaction score
Personally I'd go for the guitar but that's because I'm a guitarist.

Squiers aren't bad, which ones on your radar?

Reaction score
You're litteraly comparing an apple to a pear here.

A guitar is a guitar, it does guitar things

a midi keyboard is a mini keyboard; so you can play a bazzilion of different piano types, synths and use them with a DAW.
what would you prefer, a real instrument that gets you a fun party trick too, or do you like classical music?

owning both; you just cant really compare them. they're both an instrument and just a preference of what you find more fun to play which for me is a guitar since i can take it anyware in a special backpack

Reaction score
Still haven't specified the model of Squier you want so I can't give any recommendations on which to get...

The closest thing to a stratocaster I currently own is one of these and also a guitar I'm building

s-l1600.jpg

But I wouldn't recommend one of these to you as they have floating tremolos which require a fair bit of experience to maintain and keep in tune.

I knew a kid in high school who had one of these, A squier Classic Vibe stratocaster in "Fiesta red"
preview.jpg

Played it a few times but only plugged into an orange battery powered micro amp, was pretty swell despite him not setting it up at all. They still make these but not in this colour.

Last edited: