- Reaction score
To balance the new faster way of regenerating stamina a new thirst system was introduced. Many people had somewhat reserved feelings when it came to this new system so I made sure that it is almost unnoticeable. In fact, if you are not thirsty at all, you can regenerate the entirety of your stamina 25 times before being fully thirsty, and a single water bottle will replenish 70% of your thirst. Additionally, the only negative effect of being thirsty is thirst (and hunger) limiting your maximum amount of stamina. Maximum hunger and thirst reduce your stamina by 50%, which means you will still be able to jog/sprint for quite some time.
Many of these changes are possibly a bit too overpowered at the start, but I think it is probably a good idea to approach a balanced system from above rather than below, since things being too strict could be very annoying.
Additionally, I have also had a look at demos. They have been basically completely unusable without some external lua trickery since ages due to missing names, bodies, inventory, etc. The reason that demos were so broken is that demos do not store data that was received prior (i.e. loaded names, items, etc. that were loaded when joining). Whenever a demo restarts, your client will now request some of the most important data so that the data is being added into the demo. This might cause some additional lag, but I hope it will not be significantly worse than restarting a demo already is.
Full list of changes:
- Significantly reduce stamina for sprinting and jogging
- Jogging will take 20% less stamina and sprinting will take 35% less stamina
- New thirst system
- Being very thirsty limits your stamina by up to 50%
- Reworked stamina regeneration
- Stamina starts regenerating after not using stamina (i.e. jogging, jumping, sprinting, etc.) for 5 seconds
- After regeneration starts, it regenerates at a rate of 10% of stamina per second
- Regenerating stamina causes a small amount of thirst
- Jumping at low stamina is now limited to one jump every 3 seconds
- Added clear indicators for when stamina is regenerating, draining or you are in the 5 second period before regeneration starts
- Demos will now include important data such as names of players, body parts of players, gun attachments, items of the player, etc.
- A lot of data is still missing from demos (storage items, shop names, etc.)
- If you think anything important is missing from demos, please let me know