Burner phones and police "tracking"

Reaction score
Description of the idea: Police can currently see who owns a phone number, but I propose to also be able to see the last 10 calls that phone has made, aswell as possibly texts. This would allow police to better chase down wanted suspects, and find out who they are in contact with.
To combat this, burner phones, could be sold, which wouldnt be attached to your name, at a much more expensive price.
Phones could be used for calling in threats and staying hidden, possibly having a limited time use etc.

Why should this be added? (pros):
- Lots of crim RP
- More police RP

What negatives could this have? (cons):
- Fairly large amount of development work for a small ish addition

*Other additions: [list here]

Reaction score

I disagree with cops having the ability to track text messages and calls and the likes, as it wouldn’t really be beneficial to the game mode at all and could be difficult to implement. However, the idea behind having single use phones with anonymous phone numbers has already been accepted.

Reaction score
Another issue with the idea of tracking a text message conversation is, despite the message appearing in the logs, to my knowledge (I could be incorrect with this but I don’t think I am), text messages are actually saved client side to a file in your computer as opposed to being stored server side beyond the logs. This file is the same place your in game phone backgrounds are being stored. You can probably find and clear this file, and all your text messages will disappear. Furthermore, if you switch to a new PC, you lose access to all your old text messages. My phone is currently spammed with bomb number texts from academy server sessions. I dunno if there could effectively be a text tracking system on perp that doesn’t involve completely revamping the texting system.

I could be completely wrong here, so if you want to wait for a developer to respond to my reply before taking it into account, I won’t take offence :D

Reaction score
Sometimes police actually investigate, take you to the interrogation rooms and basically get you to drop your phone, and they would go through your messages.

Police IG, not IRL im on about, but ofcourse they do it IRL