Static Police Unit/ Badge Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Discussion Post: https://perpheads.com/threads/static-unit-numbers-for-police.23094/

Main Idea: Each white listed police officer will get a three digit number as his/ her ID or unit number

Full description of the idea:
When someone first reaches the rank of Senior Officer, they will be assigned a three digit number that will be their unit (badge) number. This would be their ID. Instead of saying "Officer Frost to Sergeant blah blah" It would be "Unit 237 this is Unit 239" This number will follow the Officer through his or her enforcement career. Maybe even replace the [Senior Officer] tag during a radio communication with [Unit Number]. You could go about this two ways. OPTION 1: Every officer will have a number (assigned in order of seniority) and it will remain the same always. OPTION 2: The number will change with each promotion. Example:

100-199 = Chiefs/ Captains [Unit 100] Steven Arnott
200-299 = Lieutenants [Unit 204] Xhantium Harper
300-399 = Sergeants [Unit 327] Lee Baca
400-499 = Corporals [Unit 432] Tim Meijer
500-599 = Senior Officers [Unit 501] Logan Frost

In my city, every officer has a unit number, so typical communication would be like this:
"Dispatch, Unit 249 10-98 action 8"
"Unit 248, unit 346, 10-20?

This works very well where I live.

Why should it be added?: Would communication on the radio (without dispatcher) much shorter and more simple. It would also make creating IA reports much easier because you would just need that officer's badge number

Pros:
Would make passive police role play more realistic
Would assist citizens when making complaints ie "What is your badge number?"
Allow units to communicate with one another if there is no dispatcher online with more realism.

Cons:
It would take time to implement because all current employee's would have to get numbers.

*Other additions: [list here]

badge-display.jpg

220px-SCVariantEpaulettes.png

$_35.JPG

[DOUBLEPOST=1483716293,1483716069][/DOUBLEPOST]
images

Reaction score
I believe that this is a great idea and should be added within the Police Department. I believe that it would actually make and organize things better than they already are. This is a great suggestion, and should soon be added into the server itself. I wish you the best of luck with this suggestion.

Reaction score
This is actually a very good idea, it prevents cancer like THIS IS SENIOR OFFICER LOGAN FROST THIS IS CORPORAL TIM MEIJER THIS ISNSIDSAFASJBUGWNKLDFJ

Just some easy numbers and boom, you can communicate way better.

Some cons though
- Other officers might not know who you are.
- Memorizing numbers

Reaction score
I agree with your Idea Logan but how will it act with a Dispatcher? ''Unit 234 and 321, respond to incident #50.'' or will it be then ''Alfa 1, respond to incident #50.''

Reaction score
I really like this suggestion, but @Tim Meijer got a point. It would be cool to have your badge number on your arm. Or maybe have it howering over your head, under your name?

Reaction score
A badge number is not used for communicating with in real life. Officers talk with other officers over the radio typically with the use of their last name or simply their entire name.

The sole purpose of a badge number in a police department is for administrative logistics and to identify to the public which is not needed in the game, it would just be a plus to have. If I ever heard someone call me by my badge number (C33) or something else like that over the radio, I would ignore them until they have the respect to say my name. This isn't HL2RP... lol... CAA.C17-OfC-32698 responding...

Reaction score
Denied

Due to the length of time this thread has been open, it will now be moved to the Denied section.

Status
Not open for further replies.