Stealing cars, should people be allowed to shoot if you comply?

Reaction score
This is a situation and a topic that's been on my mind for a long time, a situation that I myself have been in. Me and @GraveDinosaur have had a discussion about this and I believe that people should not be allowed to kill you for stealing a vehicle if you comply, In 99% of situations, when the owner of the vehicle gunpoints you, he will kill you, even when you get out of the vehicle and comply with their demands. How do they benefit from killing you when they could just gun point you and call the police or tell you to fuck off?

Apologies, forgot to mention this but this is regarding server rules.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is a situation and a topic that's been on my mind for a long time, a situation that I myself have been in. Me and @GraveDinosaur have had a discussion about this and I believe that people should not be allowed to kill you for stealing a vehicle if you comply, In 99% of situations, when the owner of the vehicle gunpoints you, he will kill you, even when you get out of the vehicle and comply with their demands. How do they benefit from killing you when they could just gun point you and call the police or tell you to fuck off?

You benefit by not being a bitchless beta that lets a 13 year old dribbler steal your car.

All jokes aside, you let them live, they come back with a ten man org to hunt you because you hurt their egobussy.

Reaction score
It wouldn't be 9.2 according to the laws as it's under section 2, self-defence. Just make sure to call 911 and you will be fine.

0OSIqyg.png

So people shoot the thief instead gun pointing him because of the laws. As long as you don't kill the thief, you're completely fine. But as Kenty said, they will be back with a zerg and delete your existence.

Reaction score
It wouldn't be 9.2 according to the laws as it's under section 2, self-defence. Just make sure to call 911 and you will be fine.

0OSIqyg.png

So people shoot the thief instead gun pointing him because of the laws. As long as you don't kill the thief, you're completely fine. But as Kenty said, they will be back with a zerg and delete your existence.
My only concern with that is what if he's already gotten out of the car and you kill them. You've already secured your property at that point since he's out of the car with his hands in the air. Personally I would see that as 9.2 since he's complying and surrendering and no longer stealing the car,

Reaction score
There are usually 2 scenarios to the car theft scenarios.

1. Person gets shot during the crowbar stage.
2. Car gets sprayed and the person dies in it.

I doubt people will bother to approach the person and take the risk of being shot at by their possible lookouts.

There is another option where a thief steals a car bombed a vehicle, that one is hilarious but has nothing to do with our case as the person gets the instant karma by Perpgods.

Reaction score
you are technically defending your property at that point; if your vehicle is of a high value and is expensive to repair then even more so. I dont really see a problem with it

Reaction score
Honestly how many people comply if at all after stealing a vehicle I personally have yet to see one that stole a car and just stopped when he was asked to do so. usually it ends up like this so your car gets stolen you and your org members have to take a different car and start a chase for the stolen one to retrieve it back you chase the car across the entire map and it usually takes like 8 full laps like as if we were playing assetto corsa untill something finally happens and in most cases from my experience they end up tiering the car or someone disabled the car by shooting it etc... what benefit is left for the owner of the vehicle so what if the guy decided he's gonna finally comply after people had to chase him like It's the Tom and Jerry series?

No one will call the cops you just to arrest you especially if those same cops couldn't even retrieve your car back when it was stolen also here's another part where it becomes problematic in my opinion let's say someone did call the cops on you after gun pointing you like you hoped for it's still gonna be a alot of effort for the officers to get evidence and prove you're the one that stole it and here comes the Tom and Jerry part again where people need to find you and kill you just for all of that hassle they went through.

Reaction score
As for people agreeing with it being allowed to shoot the car thief if they comply - does this mean that you also wouldn't mind if they just run/drive away under gunpoint? 'Cause I am certain people would make reports in that case, and say that they wouldn't shoot the guy, even if that really was their intention all along.

This is all assuming of course he hasn't already been sprayed down by every firearm under the sun before he could get gunpointed in the first place.

Reaction score
I am guessing you are talking about the rules, not the law, because obviously it is murder if you kill someone out of revenge, lol.

As for the rules, it can be a bit tricky. If you are being gunpointed out of a car, and you know you are going to be killed if and when you comply, your best option is to not comply and try everything you can to get away. But sometimes, you can't know you are gonna die, and not complying could be 3.4.

Really, if you steal a car and you have been caught by the owner, that is on you, and your fate is entirely in their hands