Steam Overlay keeps freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey, I've had this issue happen to me multiple times, but someone told me how to fix it and I don't remember who. [insert stolen valour here]

Anyways, here are the steps.

Step 1:

• Alt Tab out of Garry's mod
  • Click CTRL+ALT+DELETE and hold them down in that order. And select "Task Manager" this should come up:
    a8f54c9ed84aa982fe5190201bae5259.png
  • Click the little arrow pointing downwards that says "More Details"
  • Scroll down until you see something that says "gameoverlayui.exe" or something like that. Or gameoverlay
  • Select it
  • Click "End Task" and head back in game
  • Should take a couple seconds for it to restart, but just do shift+tab once more (or however you access the steam overlay) and it should be there clean as a slate with nothing started.

yes i torrent plz dont call cyberpolice on me </3

Reaction score
Hey, I've had this issue happen to me multiple times, but someone told me how to fix it and I don't remember who. [insert stolen valour here]

Anyways, here are the steps.

Step 1:

• Alt Tab out of Garry's mod
  • Click CTRL+ALT+DELETE and hold them down in that order. And select "Task Manager" this should come up:
    a8f54c9ed84aa982fe5190201bae5259.png
  • Click the little arrow pointing downwards that says "More Details"
  • Scroll down until you see something that says "gameoverlayui.exe" or something like that. Or gameoverlay
  • Select it
  • Click "End Task" and head back in game
  • Should take a couple seconds for it to restart, but just do shift+tab once more (or however you access the steam overlay) and it should be there clean as a slate with nothing started.

yes i torrent plz dont call cyberpolice on me </3

This worked thanks a lot.

You may close this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.