Server Suggestion [Suggestion] ASP Baton.

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: ASP Baton.
Suggestion Description: Remove the ASP Baton's RMB shove damage. It serves no purpose and only ends up killing people when the officer only wants to push people away without having to switch to their fists. In no scenario are you going to be shoving someone away to pacify them. The only reason I can see why it deals damage is to discourage nightstick boosting, which could probably be fixed by only applying horizontal velocity, and not user-applied directional velocity.

Why should this be added?:
- Benefits everyone involved
- The lack of damage encourages increased application of the nightstick's shove function without fear that you might kill the guy, when you're only trying to get them away from a perimeter peacefully.

What negatives could this have?:
- Encourages nightstick boosting, but again, can be solved by only applying horizontal velocity, not vertical.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, would be a nice idea. Don't think its fair for officers to get IA's when they're just trying to push someone out the way

Reaction score
I agree we should remove the damage and perhaps make the push action stun so that it's not just "longer fists".

Reaction score
It’s to stop it being spammed, to encourage players who are being shoved to leave, and to encourage appropriate use of the feature over misuse. Removing this feature wouldn’t do any good.

Reaction score
It’s to stop it being spammed, to encourage players who are being shoved to leave, and to encourage appropriate use of the feature over misuse. Removing this feature wouldn’t do any good.
Fists are already spammable, and hasn't really caused any issues in that regard. I don't quite see how the shove function could be misused with the other nerf I suggested. If the damage was removed, the worst you would see is an officer pushing someone repeatedly with no lasting effect.
A lot of officers don't know that the shove function deals damage, accidentally killing a guy when they're just trying to push them out of a restricted area, perimeter or otherwise clearing the way for someone else like a paramedic or firefighter. If it gets to the point that an officer is shoving someone for over 30 seconds, it's probably time to cuff the guy and move him themselves.

I understand your point to a degree, with the taser being used incorrectly from time to time, but this still happens with the baton despite the damage being applied. Again, this suggestion would remove the ability to nightstick boost as officers do from time to time, and remove the damage it applies at the same time. It would stop that particular misuse, as it wouldn't work anymore, and you'd see a lot more use of the shove function when perimeters are being held.

I've personally stopped using the shove function simply because I don't know if the guy I'm about to shove is approaching a perimeter rapidly for a bandage and is bleeding out at low health, or trying to breach the perimeter.
There have been times where I've killed someone with it accidentally in a couple of hits and had to occupy a medic's time, which could have been spent on the life alert that popped up moments later.

90% of the people I'm shoving don't care about the incoming damage. They disengage for a bit, then try again. It is ineffective and pointless.

When I made the suggestion to implement the shove function, it was to have the fists' ability to push people away without having to switch to them. I didn't explicitly state this in my suggestion, so it was never implemented this way, so here's the suggestion for it.