[Suggestion] Car Performance Display (V1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Date: 30th March 2015
Time: 22:45pm (GMT)
Another suggestion which I have put together in order to improve the realism and functionality of the server and it is about the display of performance for your vehicle.. Due to being reasoned into creating separate threads for each of my suggestions, here is the fourth of many - car performance display.

Suggestion:

Topic:
Car Performance Display

Short explanation:
-
When looking inside the car dealer/garage, there is a box (or similar) displaying the performance specs of that specific vehicle.

Detailed description:

• Here is the story I always seem to write on these suggestions. After spending horrible amounts of money on vehicles which I initially thought were going to be amazingly quick, I thought of the idea of something being inputted that could further increase the knowledge players get of certain vehicles before they buy them.
  • When purchasing a new car or getting one from your garage, next to the car you are about to select, there would be a small button which would take you to another box displaying different performance specs of your vehicle such as speed, acceleration, handling and class.
  • This would make players more aware of the performance specs of the vehicles they currently own and have a better understanding before buying the car of it's general stats.
Optional additions:
  • It would be good if this was also a feature in the upgrading shop, where it shows the current stats and what the stats would look like if the car is upgraded.
I would like it to look similar to this but possibly displaying numbers (within/outside of the bars for a more accurate result):
GG6o2qv.png
Yes, this was taken from Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2005).
Obviously, this would be edited to fit the needs of the server.

I appreciate any feedback given in a reply, comment or rating. Thank-you for reading.

User0

Or you could test the car and figure the top speed, acceleration and handling.

Reaction score
+Support Nice idea and I would love to see this, I bouht shity cars without knowing their top speed or anything couse there wasnt enough space to test drive them and nobody knew their top speed.

Reaction score
Or you could test the car and figure the top speed, acceleration and handling.
Cannot comment on mobile.
You cannot go all the way around the highway during a test drive, you would either run out of time or more likely fall out of the test drive range and lose all of your money. Sure, you could make your way down the highway slightly but would be too worried about leaving the area and end up pulling an illegal u-turn back to the car dealer, putting your life at risk.

Furthermore, this suggestion is not directly related to test drives. I would like this to be implemented thanks to its ability to give you an idea about what you will be spending money on (upgrades) and will allow you to track your vehicles performance.

In addition to my suggestion:

It would also be logical for your vehicle (whilst damaged) to have a decrease in specs (because damaging your car does slow down speed and acceleration significantly).

Reaction score
There have been several other things like this posted, so please review them to find my response then. Basically, at present I can't do this because I haven't fixed all cars so they do not have consistent ratings. When I do complete them all, then I can do more information easier, however as cars aren't necessarily the same as their realistic counterpart, we can't use those facts and figures but would need to chart them for our 100+ cars and all their possible upgrades which is not as easy as it may sound. Even at 1 minute per, it's several hours. Then the time to create the display in a more friendly format. So... Yea... Fun.

MattIs

Is it possible that you could maybe give an average rating for example (Top Speed + Fuel Range x2 + Tank Size \ 3) maybe to give a standard numeric value to the average rating of each car.

I know it wouldn't statistically be very very accurate but it gives more people insight when they're buying?

Reaction score
  • A big +Support I have lots of troubles with the not showing speed! The 300K Camaro is shit but it sounds good... It would be awesome if this is added to the Car Dealer.

P.s. With this you can make a list of fastest cars to lowest... Awesome!!

Reaction score
+Support

Very good for when you are buying a car. You could compare it to other cars without having to test drive all of them.

Reaction score
So u telling me the lanCer is gonna cost more? I better gonna grow right now! Coming online

Reaction score
+Support

BUT

If this is all about finding out vehicle's acceleration and Speed, its based on car's cost.

Which means, how much you spend on a car, that gives you much speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.