Police Suggestion Taser Officers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Open applications for officers to obtain a taser. Upon being an officer for an x amount of time and maybe no recent infractions or bans, you'll be able to apply on plpd.online so you can carry a taser while on duty! The applications could just be small test in a written format to make sure the officer at least is aware of the policy. If that isn't enough then there can also be an "in game" test aka situations on the Academy Server by rtu or patrol trainers (or Academy members hmmmmmm).

What benefits would this idea have for the department: Officers who do not want to apply for Senior because hour activity isn't their favourite will have the ability to have a taser.

What potential negatives could this have for the department: Minges, could always just blacklist them from taser for an amount of time though, not like you can't abuse the taser by simply getting Senior.

Other additions: Can't think of anything relatable :c

This suggestion is only relevant for officers and would not affect anyone who is Senior+.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Right now officers do not have access to tasers. This was removed due to many officers abusing it and breaking policy, thus this suggestion that should make the whole thing better!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just give all officers a taser, I dont see why it got removed from them in the first place.

Reaction score
Just give all officers a taser, I dont see why it got removed from them in the first place.

The tasers were removed because of the excessive amounts of IA complaints they caused and people consistently complaining about excessive use of force. Therefore, only Senior Officers can now obtain a taser and it's helped quite a bit.

But they have guns..? They can be abused just like tasers yknow.

Although normal officers do have firearms, quite a vast amount of officers see the taser as a toy rather than treating it as an actual weapon. Whereas with the firearm they receive, they are less likely to use it as a toy because they know it has more severe punishments which also coincide with being liable to being punished by a staff member.

As for the suggestion itself, I don't see this necessary to implement. Opening an application process for tasers just to make people 'aware' that they exist only combats half of the problem as the reason they were removed in the first place is because the majority of officers were blatantly disregarding the policy and using their tasers as a toy. As for opening up the training server for General Operations to manage, it is quite unnecessary and wastes too much time and resources. When I was in RTU Command, running the Stage 2's was a very time-consuming task and way too much effort to maintain. There was an extreme lack of training sessions for the same reason, and I believe it would be the same if this was implemented for tasers. Due to this, I think it would be best to keep it at Senior Officer +.

tl;dr; the impacts of the suggestion are not worth it and are way too inefficient.

Reaction score
surely can't care much about a taser if they're inactive then lol

Reaction score
As a patrol training supervisor and a TFTO, I am willing to, and have volunteered to open Taser training sessions every Saturday at 5PM upon a successful applicant.

Reaction score
This has been taken way to far as I wouldn't mind an application for tasers which would be marked by like Patrol and Traffic Trainers but its literally so stupid to start making people going in-game and having to learn how to use one in training.

A smart solution to the taser issue would be upon a sustained IA to do with taser abuse a feature could be implemented to remove a taser from their loadout which would be linked with Plpd.online. Then to get the taser back then they will go through training sessions and all that crap.

I know this would be a hard system to implement but I ain't going to a training session on how to left click with a taser out unless I have done something wrong to deserve it.

Reaction score
If an officer wants to have a taser he could attend 1 session, nothing that dramatic. If he doesn't then no taser, it isn't mandatory. You are a sergeant so it wouldn't matter to you.

Reaction score
Why not make the taser "test" a multiple choice so people don't need to wait for someone to review it and you don't need to put people in that position which has been described before as a "long boring full time job position" or in-game training if you want to follow people's suggestions and bring the roleplay onto the server instead of admin work off the server

Reaction score
A lot of people didn't take the taser serious as they seem to think it's rather funny to see someone ragdoll and it doesn't harm anyone. At one point over a third of all complaints were taser-related. Taking them away has made a serious improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.