taxation is theft

Deleted member 4983

"you choose if you want to pay tax for defence/the military (in many cases military isn't even used for defence, like in the USA) "

The state should exist to protect the citizens from other citizens and foreign states.
Who would choose to pay taxes voluntarily for military, police, roads, etc?
Who would protect the citizens if not the government?

"you choose if you want to pay for healthcare but if you don't, you can only use private healthcare"
Okay, what happens to those who are born with pre-existing conditions and can't get insurance?

Reaction score
1. Yes, roads are nessesary. i don't think a single person would disagree. People would pay for roads just like they do now. This should not be done through income tax, only by road use and consumption tax which is more than enough to fund highways, city roads, parks, forests and sidewalks

2. The US claims they spend on defense yet are the country with the most foreign interventions ever. The US spends on 'defense' as the next top 7 countries spending combined. they did 24.566 air strikes in Syria and Iraq in three years time at a costs of 14 BILLION. none of these are non-intentionist, defense practices.

3. The US health care system is a joke because it's no where near a free market and hospitals and health insurance have a direct say in government, who are solely responsible for fucking it up in the first place. Private healthcare companies should exist just like private hospitals. see my reply to nelu

4. this is a task for charities and not a legitimate role of government.

Reaction score
@NeluDaHunter I completely agree. Therefore lets not spend billions on bombing kids.
2. The US claims they spend on defense yet are the country with the most foreign interventions ever. The US spends on 'defense' as the next top 7 countries spending combined. they did 24.566 air strikes in Syria and Iraq in three years time at a costs of 14 BILLION. none of these are non-intentionist, defense practices.

You apparently are ok with paying for the millitary and police now so why would that feeling go away when you're asked to choose to pay for it?
It's not like a police department would require a weekly subscription or some shit anyways. they could easily be funded from everything except income tax.

"you choose if you want to pay for healthcare but if you don't, you can only use private healthcare"
Okay, what happens to those who are born with pre-existing conditions and can't get insurance?
ill just quote my previous reply because the comment system is weird
@NeluDaHunter patents, intellectual property and copyright are not property, are therefore illigitmate and are one of the first things. these are the #1 reason insulin costs the same as a 10 year old volvo in the US.
Insurers would cover children too as most of them do now. In the uncommon event not a single one would charities like St. Jude hospital which patients DO NOT PAY IN!, is funded by donations.

You seem to believe insurance = healthcare. Insurance is protection when something bad happens like a major accident. Because the healthcare market is so badly regulated hospitals just mark up the price by a bazillion percent and insurance companies agree. the FDA can take 12 years and millions if not billions of dollars to legalize certain medicine.

being born with a pre-existing condition doesn't mean your life is over and your parents are 500.000$ in debt. That's the case in some current systems though.

Deleted member 4983

It's an incentive to produce medicine, if there's no profit motive, in the end, most companies are not going to pursue it.
I, for one, would not like to rely on other people's charity to continue living.

Insurance is not equal to healthcare in a literal sense, but not having the means to pay for the bills will = not receiving healthcare.
How do you propose keeping the people alive who can't work?

I respect the libertarian arc, and I also must agree that the FDA is wack.
175fbc4496342199fd4991ee3e7619a5.png

But being born with a rare pre-existing condition does certainly mean you either rely on people's charity to live, or die.

Reaction score
People moan about taxes then moan about the police and like the NHS and schools not getting funded enough, you pay your taxes to also pay towards these things so stop moaning about taxes if you moan about funds being given to the NHS and other things not being enough.

Deleted member 4983

@Sneaky I mean, if you're just against paying for shit with an income tax, no disagreement lmao.
Just can't see how anyone would voluntarily choose to pay for the military when they themselves will not receive direct benefits from it.

Reaction score
@John Daymon democracy is tyranny by the majority. i personally dont have a say in what i pay for, the rest of the population does.
not saying i hate democracy, it's honestly the best we have but it should be more regionalized. 149 mllion people should not be under the rule of 151 for example.

Reaction score
@Sneaky What would you want instead of democracy? it's the absolute best system that we can have, people who complain about it are like the people on PERP who always look for something to blame but trust me you can't find anything better. The system that Switzerland isn't something to thrive for since you as a general person don't have enough insight in everything that you vote for which would mean you would have to spend time of your time off work and focus on learning what you're voting for which sounds great in theory but practically it's silly imo.

I disagree with the fact that you shouldn't pay with your income tax, it's a great way to get taxes in and sales tax would have to be much higher if you didn't have income tax which would essentially mean you still tax the same but from purchases.

Reaction score
lmao bro just pay your taxes.
We dont say "Tax evaders are getting arrested." Here in germany we say "Der Staat nimmt dich anal hops habibi" and i think thats beautiful.

Reaction score
Thought y’all said “Wir müssen die tax evaders ausrotten!"

Reaction score
The NHS is horribly inefficient and will eventually crumble. The 50% of your income you want to go to the NHS and police, doesn't end up there.

Last edited: