Taxes

Reaction score
Short explanation (in notes):
- Not possible to put taxes to 0
-
-

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
I want to change the possibility of putting taxes down at 0% even 5% as of now people perform these actions to either help their friends or crash the city funds

Hax

Reaction score
This would increase the car prices, shop prices, etc. There are already lots of people complaining about it.

Reaction score
This would increase the car prices, shop prices, etc. There are already lots of people complaining about it.
Yes and that is the point, I mean look right now after about 1 week people would have a decent car and would already be trying to rule the city, right now everything is so fast-paced. I want it so that if you join the server you cannot just join and then get everything but you have to put some effort into your gameplay. Look at you for example Hax, you buy a new car and the next week you already got 1 mil,
[DOUBLEPOST=1429608524,1429608261][/DOUBLEPOST]@ErmakDimon You've had the possibility to get more though. I've played for 1 and a half year and I got the money I need to do whatever I want which I got in about 2 weeks

Reaction score
I like this idea. it will stop people from making threats because I'm trying to run a manageable city. have le +support

Reaction score
+SUPPORT From me, Daymon, this is a great idea, adds more reality to the whole thing. Like when in the world have taxes been 0 in real life? Except in that small counrty Micke Persbrandt lives in with no taxes at all... ever.

Reaction score
-support. i live in new hampshire and we dont have sales tax here and we do fine without it. then again we have tons of cops to catch speeders so maybe if tickets already dont they should help the city fund because it happens irl i think.

Reaction score
-Support,
People wait to buy cars at 0% sales tax, even if you bump it up to 5% it doesn't matter, people will still wait for the tax percentage to drop down to 5% then buy it, you've more or less just made everything more expensive, there won't really be much difference than before, only that the price of everything has gone up by 5%

Although, cities do need funding so that small 5% may be enough to cover some services so it might work, I highly doubt it'll work. It can be easily fixed through the rules because putting the income/sales tax down when the economy is weak is unrealistic, and the person in question isn't following rule 4.3 as his/her literal job is to ensure that the city works, and a bad economy is a bad city, therefore not doing their job.

Reaction score
-support

It is still possible for the mayor to increase the city funds when putting the sales tax to 0% (as is proven by the recent times that I were mayor), if they actually know what they're doing.
I personally do not believe the mayor should be limited in what he can change the taxes to. A mayor can run a good city while keeping the sales tax on 0%.

Income tax is a different thing, but if the mayor decides to put both sales and income tax at 0%, he is simply a bad mayor.

People will still demand taxes to be lowered in order to afford whatever it is that they need (materials, weapons, cars, etc), and people already complain about the prices, especially with vehicles.

I understand your reason for wanting this to be done, though I disagree, as I honestly think it is (kind of) a suggestion to increase the prices 5%

Reaction score
-support

It is still possible for the mayor to increase the city funds when putting the sales tax to 0% (as is proven by the recent times that I were mayor), if they actually know what they're doing.
I personally do not believe the mayor should be limited in what he can change the taxes to. A mayor can run a good city while keeping the sales tax on 0%.

Income tax is a different thing, but if the mayor decides to put both sales and income tax at 0%, he is simply a bad mayor.

People will still demand taxes to be lowered in order to afford whatever it is that they need (materials, weapons, cars, etc), and people already complain about the prices, especially with vehicles.

I understand your reason for wanting this to be done, though I disagree, as I honestly think it is (kind of) a suggestion to increase the prices 5%
What I mean is I dont want the current system as of now people ask their friends to run for Mayor as they're gonna buy a car. And after that they will resign and a new election has to be made. I do have evidence of several people doing so

Reaction score
+/-Neutral
Although this would stop the city funds from crashing and stops people helping their friends, there are other things to think about aswell, such as the amount people get payed or the Tax Income (I forgot what it's called; the thing where you lose some amount of pay) and the fuel taxes.