Taxi Features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Taxi Features

Short explanation (in notes):
- Add a Taxi app or a Taxi specific phone number.
- Add "occupied" light.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):

In real life, usually there are taxi-centers were you can request a taxi by a phone call or by messaging them and the taxi-centers inform the taxi drivers about your location. But obviously this can't happen in-game. The only way to call a Taxi so far, in-game, is through the /taxi chat function. But instead of having only the chat function, a specific 3-digit phone number can be added (e.g. "829") which could be visible somewhere on the taxi vehicle (e.g. the sides or on the occupied light) or a Taxi app where you can set your name and your Location.

Another thing that usually taxi drivers experience both in real life and in-game is when someone shouts for taxi in the middle of the street when the taxi is already occupied by someone else. This can be avoided in-game, as in real life, taxis have an "occupied light" on, at the top to the taxi, so people will know when they are already occupied.

Optional additions: -

Reaction score
I think an App that allows you to call a cab driver and the cab driver also being able to call back the passenger is not a bad idea. Especially when the driver needs to call the passager back because he needs longer then expected. Also within the app you can see who needs a cab and where so you can easily respond.

A light showing if the cab is full or not is not necessary as you can ask the driver if he is available or not.

Sry for my horrible grammar but I replied over my smartphone

Last edited:
Reaction score
+1 Great Idea, when I crashed my car the taxi was driving by and I asked him to stop and he said someone was already inside so a occupied sign would be nice

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.