TFU: Are you satisfied with the Range Rover? What would you prefer?

Reaction score
Ok, so, from what I’ve gathered from @Niko a d @Creepis ’s conversation in the shoutbox the other day, there’s been a lot of talk about TFU wanting TFU to have a new patrolling car. Now, at this point we can’t say it’s happening, however, for YEARS There has been talks of TFU getting a different car since TFU became a thing. I am not a developer, so I’m NOT promising you TFO’s a new car. I just want to know what you would want as a TFU Car? I personally like the rover for its ability to boost me onto roofs and other high places but in pursuits the vehicle only truly excels in stopping cars slower than it. You can also shoot TFU feet under it, which is a pain.

Ideas I’ve been told before:
- Audi RS4 Avant (My personal favourite suggestion)
- Holden HSV GTS
- Mercedes ML63
- Hummer H1 (this most likely isn’t happening sorry).
- One of the BMW’s (really)

Typically for a general purpose light gear patrol car we would want a car with the following aspects:
- 4+ seats
- 4 doors
- At least 75 MPH in speed.
- Should provide significant body cover, allowing officers to shoot over a part of the car.
- Should have little chance of being snagged on a part of the map.
- Should look as if it has a significant enough trunk space to hold equipment.
- Should have more functionality than the range rover currently has.

Reaction score
I'd prefer one of the BMW's, one that isnt already used for traffic would do, and otherwise the Mercedes ML63 is a good option. They are decently controlable, have decent speed and decent cover.

Reaction score
  • Staff
The issue I have with the ML63 is it could be no different to the Range Rover we currently have in terms of functionality, it’s the same car just nicer looking.

Reaction score
allow crown vics and dodge chargers to be used by TFU, perhaps an unmarked version of them just something less that's European please
maxresdefault.jpg

Reaction score
Then why is it on the list!!!! haha, well I am not too sure. I feel like most cars would do the job, aslong as they are not ugly im fine lol

Reaction score
the holden is too australian ngl
maybe a vauxhall the 5 door one i forgot the name of it

Reaction score
ALSO NO RIGHT-HAND DRIVES... GOD KNOWS HOW MANY TIME I DIED BECAUSE OF THAT

Reaction score
Funnily enough I skinned the 340i for TFU originally for the Head of TFU/TacOps at the time before it became an RTU car instead. We tried to find a different car later on, but it seemed unnecessary as the consensus was that TFU does not need a faster vehicle.

The Rover remains the more functional vehicle due to it's size for cover and for climbing onto/over things and the amount of seats

Reaction score
No matter what I’ll definitely fight to keep the Range Rover a part of TFU forever.

Reaction score
At this point I propose the Audi RS4 Avant as a light gear car due to the ability to shoot over the car from a standing position and how difficult it would be to shoot under it. In regards to the range rover it serves the current purpose of a TFU Car to an acceptable standard, in particularly for marksman duties and purposes.

Reaction score
To be honest at this point the amount of patrol officers who drive into me when I’m in TFU gear makes me think a high vis wouldn’t be too much of a shit idea.

Reaction score
Its the import version of the Holden which isn’t upside down and all the spiders have been removed.

Reaction score
Audi RS4 Avant would be the best choice. Has good speed and turning, 5 Seats good trunk. Probably the best choice out of list