Server Suggestion The ability to armour upgrade certain cars in place of a speed upgrade.

Reaction score
Description of the idea:
The ability to "Armour" certain vehicles as an optional purchase at Veikko.

Armoured vehicle usage is becoming increasingly common for both the very upper class, Cartels, Triads, and other criminal groups. In Paralake, having this option would only make heaps of sense for the upper class and large crime organisations to drive about in armoured vehicles seeing as people here make a lot of enemies.

The premise of the idea here is, for a minimum of 1 million, you gain the ability to have a vehicle armoured.

The level of armour will grant the vehicle significant resistance to gunfire from conventional calibers (Pistol calibers, shotguns, rifle calibres up to .308 Russian). Not to the level of the SWAT Van however.

Having an Armour upgrade in a car should not be possible if the vehicle has speed upgrades, nor should speed upgrades be offered for armoured cars.

Vehicles which should have the armoured option include:
- GMC Vandura
- Hummer H1
- Jeep Wrangler
- Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Crysler 300C
- Mercedes ML63 AMG
- Dodge Charger 2012
- Cadillac Escalade
- Limousine
- Both range rovers
- Ford raptor SVT
- Ford crown Victoria
- BMW M6
- Mercedes E63
Audi S5
- Audi RS4
- Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

Balancing factors could include:
- A huge increase in repair costs.
- The vehicle takes more damage through colliding with other cars and objects.

Why should this be added? (pros):
- Civilian armoured cars for crime lords
- Security company possibilities with armoured vehicles
- Gives incentive to use slower / bulkier cars beyond trunk space.

What negatives could this have? (cons):
- Balance?
- People not "Following gunpoint" (not that they really need to tbh)​

Reaction score
I think if you get armor upgrades you get power upgrades. Essentially what it does is by the 2nd upgrade you're 50% to 70% near the original horsepower. so you can acellerate nearly the same as stock but your top speed sucks. because as it stands right now you'll die before you hit 10mph if you slow cars down even more.

Reaction score
What about the tires?
If the tires stay poppable as normal, I see no problem giving the cars a high-end armor value, as the cars would still be slow without upgrades and it wouldn't be impossible to hit the tires.

Reaction score
What about the tires?
If the tires stay poppable as normal, I see no problem giving the cars a high-end armor value, as the cars would still be slow without upgrades and it wouldn't be impossible to hit the tires.
Err I’d say give the tyres a bit of resistance against gunshots if it’s going to have a armour resistance vehicle but road spikes should always guarantee it

Reaction score
Err I’d say give the tyres a bit of resistance against gunshots if it’s going to have a armour resistance vehicle but road spikes should always guarantee it
What about run flat tires? when popped it takes 1-2 minutes before suddenly they go flat. enough time to maybe get out of the way but you'll feel it after a min or mud pursuit. theres still the puncture sound and etc tho to let them know it was successful.

Reaction score
What about run flat tires? when popped it takes 1-2 minutes before suddenly they go flat. enough time to maybe get out of the way but you'll feel it after a min or mud pursuit. theres still the puncture sound and etc tho to let them know it was successful.
That could also work yes to be fair, this should really be a thing in general as it’s more realistic but heyo this is something for the suggestion