The Journey of a Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

M

Reaction score
Hello!

I thought I'd just give you a quick insight into how the report system works.
  1. Submit report with reason.
  2. Enters queue.
  3. Longest waiting are (generally) done with highest priority.
  4. Adding to your report doesn't affect your position in the queue, but useful information is always a helpful addition.
  5. Talking in OOC definitely doesn't affect your position in the queue.
  6. Being outright disrespectful will probably affect your position in the queue, in that we probably won't remotely want to handle your report or deal with you.
It'd be genuinely crazy to not see examples of conduct like the following at least a few times in any given day:
zff3oUe.png

Q6td7Ta.png

It's ludicrous to assume that you're not going to get a response because nobody has appeared within a few minutes.

Not everyone behaves like this. In fact, most people have a very good etiquette with regard to the system and it's very rewarding to help people who do it nicely.

But to those who don't understand that we don't have superhuman capabilities (with the exception of @Jon Godinn :booty: ), please understand:
  • Complaining/asking in OOC will never get your report handled faster than the next guy who is waiting.
  • Throwing pop-shots in the report comments will also never get your report handled faster than the next guy who is waiting.
All I ask, and I think I'm also speaking on behalf of the rest of the administrative team by saying this, is that you submit it and leave it. Nothing else is going to help you, and since you're not us, you can't say with certainty whether we're not pulling our weight or whether you're more important than anyone else.

Reaction score
It's sad to see people get so impatient acting like they're the only ones with problems. Only prior admins of big communities will understand this frustration.

Reaction score
My longest report was when someone mugged me infront of an NPC and I waited 5 hours. I gave up and closed my game, went outside and won a TaeKwanDo trophy from a tournament. Is it really that hard to bitch in OOC rather than make something of yourself. And if someone doesnt respong make an AR. Not that difficult lul.

Reaction score
any naughty person that isn't nice on a report when I'm around will have their report taken by me and I'll close it because I like free reports.

amr

Reaction score
Are you tired of receiving reports?

Try our new stress free application!

Check below:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Stolen programming valor.

No. Seriously. Stop trying to look smart. That is not going to compile with any compiler on this god forsaken rock. I would not respond to this normally as it does not really contribute anything but this is getting on my nerves more than it should.

Your code does not even compile.
f81e783d4dbd4cbb9be156a82ebf72f5.png

First of all, you are allocating an unnecessary amount of memory.

Your code is unnecessarily bloated. So I took the liberty of fixing that for you.
Code:
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int response = 0;

int main()
{
   cout << "Did you receive a report? (y/N)";

cin >> response;

if (response == 0) {
       cout << "Funny swearing" << endl;

return 0;
   }

cout << "Smartass comment" << endl;

return 0;
}

You are not only embarrassing yourself in front of anyone that remotely knows how to program, you are also giving anyone that takes your post seriously a seriously wrong impression of programming. I do not know how you got your console up, but that's probably some batch script. STOP.

amr

Reaction score
No. Seriously. Stop trying to look smart. That is not going to compile with any compiler on this god forsaken rock. I would not respond to this normally as it does not really contribute anything but this is getting on my nerves more than it should.

Your code does not even compile.
f81e783d4dbd4cbb9be156a82ebf72f5.png

First of all, you are allocating an unnecessary amount of memory.

Your code is unnecessarily bloated. So I took the liberty of fixing that for you.
Code:
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int response = 0;

int main()
{
   cout << "Did you receive a report? (y/N)";

cin >> response;

if (response == 0) {
       cout << "Funny swearing" << endl;

return 0;
   }

cout << "Smartass comment" << endl;

return 0;
}

You are not only embarrassing yourself in front of anyone that remotely knows how to program, you are also giving anyone that takes your post seriously a seriously wrong impression of programming. I do not know how you got your console up, but that's probably some batch script. STOP.

OBsas5O.gif

I fixed it for you bae, no need to get angry about small things.

Code:
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;

int y;
int respond;
int n;

int main() {
  int y;
  int respond;
  int n;

y = 1;  // Added to define y
  n = 2; // Added to define n