The real reason "perp is dying"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I feel like the whole idea of Olsen raiding people 24/7 has come from, the fact the server is dying. A limited amount of people base meaning people that enjoy raiding, raid similar people every single time. And this is not intentional but I guess that the people that are basing are feeling targetted because it is always them being raided by exactly the same people. Therefore, people that base have lost respect for Olsen, which is unneeded but some people do not realize that they are the very few people that base meaning they are always going to be raided. Take for example, a 75 player server full and about 30 people of those 75 are basing, it is likely you'd be raided every 3 hours or so maybe earlier if you were unlucky. But at the moment it is being raided every half an hour to an hour. And without the resources or numbers, it makes basing really hard meaning, people are leaving because they find basing and making money almost impossible without being plpd which they do not enjoy.

I am saying this because I thought this for a while and it took me some time to get my head around, I hope what I've said makes sense :p

Although I feel like Olsen is doing nothing wrong, I'd like to see Olsen test out to see if the server somewhat comes back every so slightly if they perhaps cut down on raiding for a week or so, but of course that is down to them.

Reaction score
This isn't an Olsen bashing thread we already have one of those, quit shitposting.

Reaction score
Back in evocity everyone were brilliant and the rules were so relaxed because we did not need seriously restricted role play. As time went on the community got more and more sensitive to changes that effect the server leading them to get more and more hostile to the point where you can ask if someone has a weapon then get IA threatened.

My advice is to take a fucking chill pill and realise that this is a game and just because you have everything it does not mean you can take what little everyone has.

You want to know whats killing the server its Greed a hole that can never be filled but they try and ruin it for everyone. If there was another server with a fresh start for everyone who would join me?

Reaction score
to me, i feel alot of changes made it so nobody can have an ‘equal amount of fun’. ofcourse some changes are good but being a cop feels like my 2nd job now. it became from having a laugh with eachother to getting your fun stripped away from you because you didn’t let tfu go in first which ‘is against policy’. people became toxic because they get into bigboy clubs. but thats just my pov.

addional edit:

i also believe at a certain point, caused by disagreements with the community and PC staff , and the feel that staff dont allow for fun members of the community and the staff seem to lack communication and trust, which is an issue i myself have troubles with

Reaction score
Well, I left the server just before the summer. I don't think I quite realized why I left at the time, but I did leave. I think I just wasn't having the same fun, as I used to.

The last time I had fun on the server was probably when me and @McYeke got my porsche inside the car dealer and then blocked off the entrances. The PD were having fun, me and Yeke were having fun (even though we might've taken things too far). This was like 4 or 5 MONTHS ago. I know I haven't been active for 3 months, but it still says quite a lot in my opinion. The situation , had it happened today, would probably have gotten me a 3 month ban

Reaction score
Now, this is the REAL reason people are leaving PERP

a0991b9c1ea8d323eba21fd7392dde20.png

People would rather sit in OOC crying about how someone broke rules and how they were shot for no reason, instead of just making an F6 :facepalm:

Reaction score
Personally, I think it has more to do with the fact that Garry's mod is an old game that has not aged very well in terms of its engine limitations
The PERP gamemode has been out for a little over 8 years now and truthfully it has not evolved as much as one would expect over such a long period of time. When I played it back in '09, there was little else to do other than be a civilian to raid and shoot people or grow drugs and then you could become a cop to raid and shoot people or take away their drugs.
Of course there have been various other changes which have made PERP what it is today, but, in my opinion, these changes are not innovative enough to revitalize the gamemode to the point where it feels fresh and new enough to the extent where people would be motivated to stay for extended periods of time. (This is not to shit on the fredo, phteven and XQ, I think they have done a great job).
Naturally there are also other games people play if they want a great RP experience. Like GTA, Arma or what have you, in which many options for the players far exceed what is available to them on PERP.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Originally I thought the reason would have been petty bans.
Lately people were complaining about a lack in events
Simultaneously, events were not being advertised.
Everyone just cries in OOC chat and sb about IA and AR's
Never the less, things are getting better.

Basically, everyone is just salty when they get raided.
And really all you lose is an opportunity for free guns.
Now staff are trying to make things better.
Daymon should be a señor
3 people get banned on average every 4 hours.
Now you all need to look at this in more detail, before rating the post.

:kappa:

:zing:

Reaction score
I personally get very upset when someone in Olsen starts talking shit when someone gets destroyed.
Not only is it cringy, but no one wants to see it, nor listen to it. Sadly, whenever an Olsen members gets tapped like a bitch from 1 mile by an M9, it is not exactly the same story. We have to listen for about 2 months on how that potato member did a 1 tap.

10-4 I'll stop shit talking

Perps dead because of salty fag kids like myself making cringe worthy AR's and then blaming the staff team who Fredy claims abuses but doesn't demote... :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Xhantium resigned that's the reason perps dying :kappa:

It's actually the opposite. Its a long term plan to get all nazi staff removed from perpheads so everyone can live in peace :kappa:
dontbanmejustjoking

i think playercount has been heading in the good direction now actually, maybe because i have not seen that much toxicity in game and the updates might've attracted some new people.

i participated in a big raid that massivily failed and we lost ez over 100K of guns but nobody was salty and everyone could laugh about it in chat, which means things are actually going in the right direction

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'll elaborate more on my point about more toxic players coming into the community that I mentioned earlier in the thread.

Members of the community are killing the community itself. It's undeniable that there is more salt and rage in OOC, it's been the same since early 2016, people choose to instead spam the fuck out of the chat when they die instead of moving on. Sadly what happens is people always need something to blame or scapegoat because they can't withstand the fact that they just died or whatever may have happened. Also alot of people holding permanent grudges against eachother instead of just maturing up a bit is clearly visible too. It then means that people try their hardest to get somebody else punished and it looks really shitty and pathetic to see that to be honest. Understandble if you want somebody banned for a legit reason, but people that go out of their way to make a dozen of reports or ARs to try see somebody punished over petty things is quite sad.

Anyway like I mentioned in another thread, most people have already moved along to other games or focused on their lives instead. So you can't magically get all these old players back, but to atleast stop the community from killing itself even more, it would be great to see people just got along with one another instead and for instance understood the difference between a mistake and an actual rule break, and if you got beef with some guy then just go fuck him up in-game or some shit instead of holding a permanent grudge and trying to get them punished, because it really doesn't benefit anyone that you want the satisfaction of getting somebody you hate banned.

On a side note, I'm actually surprised about the player count because I thought it would go to shit after the holidays, but it's good to see that it's slowly rising again and that there are frequent small updates coming. Hope the server doesn't plummet this early to be honest, because it's quite a shame to see that.

Reaction score
People who say that the community has started getting worse and worse with regards to salt-riddled beef are talking out their asses or clearly exaggerating how much they think the state of the community has deteriorated.
Stop looking at things through rose-tinted goggles.
Salty people have always been, and always will be, salty.

Reaction score
I also think that toxicity and seriousness is ruining the community, and while I do admit that I'm toxic myself sometimes this is what is to blame:
Police complaints and IA (not the people in IA, just their policies). Back when senior officers and supervisors were introduced everything was good. When you arrested people they either did a little banter/small talk or just complied silently. But then came these people: hello sir can I see some ID please? NO I WANT A SUPERVISOR ILL GET YOU DEMOTED! And these people: sir you're currently under arrest for murder of multiple leos and an ice cream truck with DNA evidence. IM MAKING AN IA COMPLAINT WHATS YOUR NAME YOURE GETTING DEMOTED. And now comes IA. Or more like the forum side of IA complaints. IA don't allow you to have any fun whatsoever and if, god forbid, a video of your fun is uploaded you either get a complaint or an investigation from IA themselves. And from there we go to the people of a special kind: those who do ARs and IAs based on others people forums videos, I'll be quiet about this....

So there we have it, you get at least 3 complaints per week and they all threaten to ruin everything you've dedicated your free time and work to.

Reaction score
I also think that toxicity and seriousness is ruining the community, and while I do admit that I'm toxic myself sometimes this is what is to blame:
Police complaints and IA (not the people in IA, just their policies). Back when senior officers and supervisors were introduced everything was good. When you arrested people they either did a little banter/small talk or just complied silently. But then came these people: hello sir can I see some ID please? NO I WANT A SUPERVISOR ILL GET YOU DEMOTED! And these people: sir you're currently under arrest for murder of multiple leos and an ice cream truck with DNA evidence. IM MAKING AN IA COMPLAINT WHATS YOUR NAME YOURE GETTING DEMOTED. And now comes IA. Or more like the forum side of IA complaints. IA don't allow you to have any fun whatsoever and if, god forbid, a video of your fun is uploaded you either get a complaint or an investigation from IA themselves. And from there we go to the people of a special kind: those who do ARs and IAs based on others people forums videos, I'll be quiet about this....

So there we have it, you get at least 3 complaints per week and they all threaten to ruin everything you've dedicated your free time and work to.

And then at the end of the day you realize it's just a game. Instead of dealing with all of that, you resign and continuously raid people with bombs because it's fun instead of waiting for a promotion that probably won't happen unless you get goodie goodie with someone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reaction score
And then at the end of the day you realize it's just a game. Instead of dealing with all of that, you resign and continuously raid people with bombs because it's fun instead of waiting for a promotion that probably won't happen unless you get goodie goodie with someone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Idk if you know, but I joined PERP only to play as a cop and joined PD with the target of becoming the youngest supervisor, and I won't stop until I reach it and keep going if I can. Police is the only reasonable way to get money without risk, since I only have about 100k and if I base I just get assraped with 58292928 bombs. /mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.