Third person in vehicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was not sure about making this suggestion due to peoples (possible) negative opinions on it.

I think third person should should be removed from all vehicles.

Benefits: +/-
- Metagaming
+ Realism
+ People will understand the true benefits of TDMCars and witness the brilliant interior of them.

Disadvantages:
- Wing mirrors do not work (roadcrew will not see the vehicle their towing and cars will not see the vehicles behind them)

I really do try to use first person as much as possible but the temptation to use third is unstoppable; remove it! :D

Thanks.

Reaction score
SotosSW said:
+1 If rear mirror gets enabled
Obviously having mirrors such as the ones in clothing shop or near jails would be impractical for many different reasons. However, we can easily add more view points when you press control, which would both offer from the rear view mirror as well as the side mirrors, possibly one straight down on the car, but we will have to play with this and could take some time, due to necessary math that has to be done so you can't rotate your camera to look forward while in the mirror perspective. But anything is possible.

Reaction score
Im gonna go Neutral on this one.

Some cars have the most shit windshield EVER. Like the S.W.A.T Van.
You can BARELY see anything without going in 3rd person.

Oh and also, the roadcrew should have rear mirrors.
If Tanges, Stephen, or Fredy might remove the iron bars from the S.W.A.T Van, and add a little more sight in 1st person. I would be happy to support this.

Thanks for reading. - [PH] jjjackier

Reaction score
SotosSW said:
+1 If rear mirror gets enabled
Euro truck sim 2 views, Mirrors in top right and left of the screen or when you look left a certain amount you stick your head out the window and look backwards down the side of the car.

Reaction score
The only problem with this suggestion is the lack of mirror functionality to compensate for the loss of view(S); however, the benefits of removing third person do outweigh this drawback. While ideally, new functionality should be added, I think this suggestion/idea should be implemented immediately, even without any additional functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.