Tooter Revival - 09/05/22

Reaction score
MsvfAxi.png
Tooter was broken since roughly a year ago and it was not fixed because it was always too much trouble. I finally had enough time to get it working again and make sure that it will not break in the future anymore. Tooter is safe from now on.
While fixing the backend I also noticed that the UI did not scale well with resolutions, so I spent some time making sure that Tooter looks acceptable on many different resolutions.
PGq6pfKPMFIl1Fie.png
VEzxcG9v5VEHnF8M.png

A big issue of Tooter (and the fact that I was reluctant to spend the time fixing it) was the fact that it was rarely used. I think a reason for this was that almost no one could discover you and you would have to basically spam adverts with your handle to get people to follow you. I attempted to tackle this issue by making the search page show all recent toots by default.
lC7lLjZiIdm2dot9.png

Apart from these changes, Tooter is largely the same as before but with all features fully working again. If you have any suggestions please feel free to post them in this thread.

Reaction score
Suggestion: Make it possible so that we can set up alerts for specific hashtags or handles. For example, if the mayor wanted to hear what people thought about their government, they could set up a hashtag for it and then the alerts would ensure toots wouldn't be missed.

Reaction score
Just a small update:
  • Added ability to delete your own messages and profiles
    • All admins can now delete other people's messages and profiles
  • Fixed replies loading infinite messages
  • When you reply to a toot, it will now prefill the toot box with the corresponding account's handle
  • Fixed settings menu font on the purple theme
  • The search page no longer automatically focuses the search text entry
  • Some other minor visual improvements

Last edited:
Reaction score
And one last update, after which I will develop other things:
  • Toots now indicate whether or not you retooted/favourited them
    jigifILd1cb9Z7Sr.png
  • You are able to remove favourites and retoots by clicking the corresponding button again
  • Made links work in toots
  • Enabled links/hashtags/mentions in profile descriptions
  • Increased maximum Toot length to 280