Training grounds for rookie officers, FF and PMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Training area for officers who wants to improve their skills.

Short explanation (in notes):
- Recently I've seen tons of sweatervests being banned for lacking rule knowledge upon joining the officer job or even paramedic.
- Generally helps people that are starting out playing perp.
- Most officers don't know how to act in raids or even when someone has commited a crime.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
The rules say that officers and swat already have been trained, but clearly this isn't the case. These rules are clearly wrong and tons of people are being banned for lacking the knowledge of how to act. Me myself had to spectate veterans in order to not be banned as officer or paramedic.

Currently joining the government jobs is a one way ticket of getting warnings/bans if you barely have any knowledge on how to act in situations you are most likely to be understood as a rulebreaker and as if you haven't read the rules. And when we are at it telling people that they don't know the rules, it may piss them off too and even encourage him/her to break them. Training grounds should really improve people's skill and knowledge on how to act within the police force/paramedic force and firefighter crew.

This may require a separate server but it will be worth it.

Optional additions:
- Add a button upon hitting E on the NPC (as first choice) to receive a location (ip of server) of training grounds, and that it's recommended.

Reaction score
Neutral (heading towards -Support)

It's not really needed.

There is a test that must be completed before you can become the job, if people pass this test then they have common sense...
Playing as a police officer or medic really is just common sense, (Would they do this in real life, Why would they do it, when would they do it.)

Honestly the problem is people don't think before they act, reading the laws alone gives a lot of insight of how you should act, add that to the rules and you are set.

I do however think SWAT should be given access to the shooting range (The one under the map) so that they are not just standing at pd for hours on end and are given something to do...

Last edited:
Reaction score
So you want another server just for training would it be worth it?

Im sorry but there are other ways including guides written by @LordTyla and I am giving Stephen new tutorials and FAQs. I believe there is other ways look for something that can cause these then help improve them.

Reaction score
It would be good but it would have to be isolated from the rest of the map so you don't get people going "AH SHATS FIRED NEAR THE PD!!1!1". And you would have to edit the map which is most likely at its absolute limits.

Reaction score
I don't see any reason for this as we already have, for example, Supervisors or "not completly" Senior Officers. These people can already help the sweatervests on improving their law/rule knowledge and how to do this and that.
Furthermore there are tons of guides so you can just give some sweaters a link to it so they can read it.
-support

Reaction score
-Support, wouldn't use it. If it would be a case where supervisors would have to train them, then I would leave the supervisor position. If it would be optional, then the sweatervests would rather just play than do a shitty tutorial (Who honestly likes tutorials).

Reaction score
I think a better solution for this issue is to have how-to tutorials that can be accessed through one of the F# menus.

Reaction score
I doubt they will add this. No more room in the map to place it. I know there is a grass patch near the farm but like people say in many suggestions it's "too much" for the map to handle.

Reaction score
This has been done, different but similar fashion. Training for whitelisted officers only on a different server. Can be closed and moved :booty:
:hype: gun update

Status
Not open for further replies.