Travis' Enforcer Application V3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Travis

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:179938847

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER and WHY SHOULD WE CHOOSE YOU?:

Background
Being a staff member in this community is no easy feat and it comes with grand responsibilities. I am quite sure most of you know the situation surrounding my activity as an ex-staff member and I will not dedicate this thread to revisiting that. Rather, I will link my apology thread as I did on my previous application: https://perpheads.com/threads/my-serious-apology-thread.45038. Let it be known that I still do take that situation very seriously and I have worked on every aspect of where I went wrong. I have spoken to administrators regarding my feedback for my previous denied application and have made sure I have ticked all the boxes where I was given feedback. I am sure that a change in overall character has not gone without being noticed. As an ex-enforcer I was quite good at enforcing the rules, making sure both sides understand the situation and that an appropriate outcome has been granted. I've also been told how certain administrators and moderators were also quite happy with the way I handled situations. My activity was also quite good, I would stay online for hours a day and even be there late at night when @captain was still starting out as an enforcer. I let down many people and also myself with some careless actions during my time as an enforcer and have, at the time, destroyed a promising path as a staff member. I was also quite hasty at times, especially in character, and I made sure that this isn't a trait anymore. I have spoken to the relevant administrative parties and even Efan to make sure that I have, at the very least, shown my dedication to improving and moving past my mistakes.

Motives
Often was I asked, "Why do you want to be a staff member? I can't imagine doing reports all day and dealing with minges!" and to that, I've never given a definitive answer because honestly? I was unsure why myself. However, I've become much more aware of my motives in terms of why I would like to be a staff member. Firstly, I am extremely fond of this community. Ironically, I was introduced to Perpheads by a minge who would often Molotov the PD but I saw it differently and despite not knowing the rules at the time due to being new I still saw how that can ruin other players' experiences. I would like to play an active part in making sure this community finds success in all aspects and is the best place to be. I had this vision when I was only applying for helper but since then I've gone on to apply and be accepted to many other supervisory/administrative positions and that being Enforcer, Road Traffic Trainer, Tactical Firearms Training Officer, and a police sergeant. Even during times of mild inactivity, I'd always be inclined to join the sessions where we train and assess police force members. Secondly, being staff provides the means to interact much more with other staff members who are integral to the community's function, and in all honesty, this was the best part of being staff for me. Not only were you working beside dedicated people to carry out duties but you made friends, and gained experiences you wouldn't otherwise have. With the addition of V5, I would love to be one to explore the effect this has on the community and be there to discuss new situations where rule enforcement and extensive rule knowledge are required.

Character Qualities
I always find it odd to describe oneself as it can feel like boasting at times but this situation is appropriate for so. The following are qualities I have that shape me as a person and many were gained and worked on since my demotion to better suit the role and for general self-improvement:

• Resilient - Throughout many difficult and challenging situations I've worked to reach an appropriate conclusion. An example of this was during a situation where I noticed a certain rule break that required thorough investigation and I've worked alongside other staff members to understand the situation and apply the correct punishments.
  • Organized
  • Friendly - I am still to this day a very friendly person who genuinely just wants to help others around him. I have always been praised as to how people were impressed with the way I handled rule breaks and had the situation end with both parties cool-headed and at least satisfied and understand the outcome.
  • Professional and cool-headed - I rarely get genuinely angry at situations and this has been of massive help when dealing with certain people.
  • Open to criticism
  • Dedicated
  • Patient - Many situations require lots of patience as certain people are more difficult to deal with than others and therefore this trait is crucial.
  • Confidence
  • Empathy
  • Sharp-minded - I can very easily recognize when something is an accident and use common sense to reach conclusions.

Relevant experience
As aforementioned I have been a staff member, namely an enforcer before, and this has expanded and deepened my rule knowledge. I am confident to say that I know the rules quite extensively and am able to even set a foot down when certain situations seem unclear according to specific rule wording. I've been part of this community for about 3 years now and I have learned the ins and outs of many things regarding the general functioning of the server and the responsibilities that an enforcer has.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?:
I would like to add that I will be moving to Canada very soon and this will allow me to hop on perpheads very late at night when other people with other timezones are on and I believe that it would be very helpful to have more moderators/enforcers at that time. I will still be able to join during peak hours though and I have always been able to make time for perpheads, one of the perks of being organized.

My previous applications:

REQUIREMENTS:

In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following three requirements:
  • Your time played on the server must be at least one week. ✅
  • No recent in-game bans and warnings on record. ✅
  • You must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the server rules and laws to the extent where you can enforce them. ✅
  • You must have access to and use a microphone. You must maintain an active presence on the TeamSpeak Server. ✅

Thank you and have a lovely day!

Last edited:
Reaction score
While I entirely understand the concept of temptations & the mistakes that come with it when you're not considering the wider scope of your actions, the abuse of trust demonstrated prior simply doesn't allow you to be a character befitting of the role of Enforcer once again, in my eyes.

Aside from this incident, I'd like to see some more consistent activity where possible however you're a smart guy & have the qualities needed to be a staff member & more.

Status
Not open for further replies.