Typical's Helper Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Typical.ly
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:108517651
IN-GAME NAME: Connor Shelby

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A HELPER?:

I would like to join the helper team because I want to help new players start in this community and help enforce the rules. I have been in this community for a while, close to 4 or 5 years I believe and I want to step up and help the community grow. During my time in this community there has been many fun situations and some great memories however there has been times where people have been breaking rules and ruining RP. I want to help in reducing toxicity in the community and keep improving it for the better. Yesterday a new player rp'd as a cop and I had fun teaching him how to RP correctly and how to play. Some people may know me as a cop main, the real truth to that is that I don't have much friends on this community so I don't really crim RP much since I don't like getting raided 24/7 by powerful orgs and losing a lot of money and time due to this. I want to connect a bit more and make friends in this community so that we can work together and help this community grow. Ever since the perpheads title moved to DarkRP, there has been an increase in player pop and a wave of new players joined this community. Unfortunately some of these players eventually leave since it is not like DarkRP and I gotta admit, when I started perpheads, it was a bit difficult getting started and getting the hang of things. I want to be able to teach new players and answer their questions. The whole toxicity part is another reason why these new players leave, I want to help in giving new players a great RP experience, the best that perpheads can offer. Sometimes, the OOC chat gets flooded with unnecessary chatter and sometimes it evolves in OOC arguments which is not a good thing to have, I want to reduce the amount of toxicity IC and OOC.

WHY SHOULD WE CHOOSE YOU?
I have been in the community for a good amount of time and I would love to help new players in this community, furthermore I would introduce more players to this server and make sure that they have the best RP that perpheads can offer. I am very active on the server and forums and I am always willing to pitch in and help grow this community. I am free most of the time and I am willing to give it my all and help make perpheads an even better community. In addition to that, I want to help organise more events and help bring new ideas to thet table for the future of perpheads to ensure that new players don't leave after a couple of minutes. I am very patient and have been around for a while and I think it's time for me to step up and help the community more. I would like to connect more with this community and make more friends, this way we will work together and help make this community even better than it is.

DO YOU HAVE ANY RELEVANT EXPERIENCE?:
I have experience as staff since I used to apply as a Moderator on almost any DarkRP server I used to play. I was also staff on some discord servers and teamspeak. From my experience as staff on other servers, I am still willing to learn new things and help this community.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?:
Some people might not have the best idea of me since when I joined the community I was not on my best behaviour, but that has been changed, years passed and I have corrected my behaviour to an acceptable standard. Some might say that I'm a good fella and some might disagree and hate me. Please don't be afraid to give me feedback regarding what I can change and improve. I am willing to help this server and make new friends ( Maybe I can get off cop and crim RP a bit xd) and overall be a great asset to this community. I always try my best and follow the rules and help where I can, especially helping new players. If anyone has any issue with me due to my past behaviour, I give my sincerest apologies and want you to know that I have changed.
Thank you for taking your time and reading my application!

Requirements:

In order for your application to be considered you must meet the following requirements:

• Your time played on the server must be at least one week (press Q in-game to check this)
  • No warnings within the last month or bans within the last month, this includes both the forums and the server.
  • You must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the server rules and laws to the extent where you can Enforce them.
  • You must maintain an active presence on the TeamSpeak Server

Reaction score
You're a nice guy and I have seen you help a bit recently but, I'm gonna have to be neutral on this as I haven't seen you help a lot. This is just some feedback you can work on by being more active in help chat and OOC and I hope I can turns this neutral into a plus support

Reaction score
None taken. As said in the thread. I mostly play cop since I don't really have anyone to play crim with. So i might not know me off duty since I'm not that active out of uniform. I used to play some crim rp was in some orgs but orgs got disbanded and I kind of gave up on crim rp. Another possibility is time zone. I'm in GMT+1 and I had a habit of changing my username quite often.

Mim

Reaction score
Hey there,

I thought id give my opinion on your application and somethings I think will help.

We have had our fair share of ups and downs and to start with when I saw this helper application I did say 'I'm not sure about that one' but Ill explain why. You will probably remember the situation where I banned you for 3.20. You then proceeded to come at me on steam slandering me calling me a bias staff member and accusing me of unfair treatment because I warned someone else for 3.20 and banned you for it. Despite not knowing the slightest about the other person and the situation surrounding that incident. You being the experienced player you are I deemed it fit to ban you for 12 hours for 3.20 which is actually one of my more lenient 3.20 bans i give out. Now you might ask where does this become constructive, well, here I go. This incident has since let me believe that you can be quite quick to judge on incidents you might not be 100% clued up on. This isn't usually a problem but if you are having to help players you need to make sure you have all the correct information on hand and if you don't be prepared to say that you are in the wrong. But also be able to be patient and a cool head in frustrating situations. I know you aren't applying for staff but Helper is a role in which you do gain responsibility and looked up to on the server and your conduct needs to match that. I have seen situations where you take the jokes a bit too far and don't lead by example. This can obviously very easily get fixed.

A sort of conclusion to my post. Apologies if it looks like there is no structure (there isn't) but I'm going to remain Neutral airing on the side of a -support because of these reasons, demonstrate to me that you can have a positive impact and turn this attitude around and I'm more than happy to change my stance.

Want to apologise if any of this thread comes across as rude, it's not meant to be read like that I am genuinely trying to help :) I wish you the best of luck with your application!

Reaction score
No no, I did not take any offense from your thread. I agree that I might have come across as rude and over all bad behaviour, as you said, we had our ups and downs which is normal. The whole 3.20 part, I got mad because I got banned and was not given any chance, even though I was gonna rejoin like 10 mins later. I just came across some warnings you had given for this same rule and you can tell why it got heated since I got instantly banned and at the time I saw warnings by you to other users. Now about the whole quick to judge thing, this all happened at the time in the heat of the moment. I do not simply go around and put a quick end to everything, I take time when dealing with things. I'm sorry for any bad behaviour I have shown or what you had to deal with. I am trying my best to fix any imperfections and improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.