UK Elections guesses

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date

Which party do you think will gain a majority

• Total voters

Deleted member 1235

Hey guys.

As you all know today is voting day in the UK, where we elect and new parliament along with a PM.

I'm curious to know what everyone thinks the results will be.

I personally believe there will be a conservative majority of around 30 give or take 5.

What about you guys?

M

Reaction score
Interesting to see that the media has been paying close attention to the high turnout of students, which were what the polls predicting a low conservative lead over labour were counting on.

Reaction score
Hey Duffy. I just wanted to know what your opinions are on Corbyn wanting to get rid off all the nuclear weapons that the UK stockpile. I personally like his ideas of making University Tuition fees free but the idea of abolishing all the nuclear weapons seems a bit crazy huh? I am very confused at the moment and honestly do not know which is the best route for the UK. I am asking this because I am studying Politics at 6th form and was interested to see your post. :)

M

Reaction score
Where is conservative labour coalition?

760.gif

Deleted member 1235

Hey Duffy. I just wanted to know what your opinions are on Corbyn wanting to get rid off all the nuclear weapons that the UK stockpile. I personally like his ideas of making University Tuition fees free but the idea of abolishing all the nuclear weapons seems a bit crazy huh? I am very confused at the moment and honestly do not know which is the best route for the UK. I am asking this because I am studying Politics at 6th form and was interested to see your post. :)
(On phone)

I personally am in favour of renewing trident and I know labour policy is in favour of it, whilst Corbyn is not. It's a deterrent. Not to say if we hadn't no nukes then suddenly Russia invade us. However, I think it was Huntingdon (who you'll study at 6th form if you do Nuclear Proliferation as your unit 3) that said they are the ultimate political tool.

Reaction score
Conservative will have the most seats but not a majority, the country isn't going to move forward an inch for 5 years. Labour will be a close second

Reaction score
I want conservative to win because with us leaving the EU we need a strong leader who is good at negotiating and I don't think Corbyn has that.

Reaction score
Personally I am with Conservative, this is not a choice I took lightly as I usually oppose this party however I have to say, their policies make more sense in securing a future secure budget of the UK as opposed to labour who have been proven wrong by IFS saying that if they raise Corporation Tax to 26% that they still won't reach the money they have "planned" to have, on-top of this the proposed idea of a Land Value Tax really put me off as you basically have to live on a brown site to get cheap tax, if not you could be paying double or triple your current council tax rate in terms of "Fairness"

The other thing I do not agree with on Labour is the idea to up the NMW for the reason being, most small business' cannot afford £10p/h on-top of that I doubt myself as an apprentice would be entitled to £10p/h and as nice as it would be the cons outweigh the benefits as small business' will close down and there will be a big inflation on prices.

Reaction score
The tories are a party voted for by rich cunts who believe the poor should be hanged simply because they're poor.

FURTHERMORE the fact the fucking newspapers are smearing Corbyn so much because the tories run all the fucking news papers is absolutely appalling, for example today.
nintchdbpict000329966925.jpg

For a start this is a classic example of smearing by association, they are putting the fact he is friends with terrorists, making us think he must be a bad guy, but these supposed "terrorists" have never been tried or proven to be terrorists. "Useless on brexit" again just there opinion but as they put it there it seems as if it's fact.

If conservatives win I give up on the country, fucking bunch of clowns.

Reaction score
We all seem to be deeply divided on the subject which doesn't come as a surprise but let's hope for the best of luck on both sides!

Reaction score
Conservatives will win by default because of the current Brexit. I personally want Labour to win (even though I lean on the right) due to the fact that Teresa May is completely nuts.