Unable to stop a game?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1235
  • Start date

Deleted member 1235

So I've had a problem since yesterday afternoon. My Company of Heroes 2 (Coh2) updated on steam 3 days ago and yesterday I decided to play it before going out. However, as I went to launch the game, steam went into "Not responding" and I had to click close. When I went back onto steam to try again, it said that Coh2 was already running and thus preventing me from opening the game.

I've tried many suggestions. The game is not visable in Task Manager, so I am unable to hard stop it from there. I've tried to exit steam and have been unable to do so. I am also unable to verify the integrity of the game. I tried restarting my PC yesterday at least 3 times, and every time I re-opened steam, it said the game was already running. Today when I turned on the PC and tried again, it still says the game is running. Any ideas?
tRBt1K9.png

VRYQ2Y2.png

Reaction score
I know you said you have closed it in task manager but have you actually gone into where it says details > whateveritscalled.exe and pressed end process? GMOD does this to me sometimes and I have to do that. You could try doing the same and closing steam.exe and reopen steam maybe. If that doesn't work you could try launching the game directly through C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Company of Heroes 2\ and run the .exe file, maybe try run as administrator?

Reaction score
This happens to me roughly four out of five times for Fallout 4 if I do not exit the game via the menu. It fixes itself by restarting my PC as all proccesses are stopped then. Only restarting Steam did not work for me. The game is removed from task manager so restarting the PC is the only option I got.

Deleted member 4084

Go into your task manager - Then proceed to look for the game you need closing - Right click it then 'End Process' Or such should come up
Happens to me all the time!

Edit: Nevermind just re read your thing

Deleted member 1235

So the game itself doesn't show in process. When I try and end task on 'details' I am unable to do so. I am running the PC as an administrator. Also minilarro, I have tried restarting as well as exiting steam, powering off fully and re-opening steam. It still says the game is running.
(My Avast is disabled before you ask :))
Communist conspiracy by trande if you ask me.
9Cp31ke.png

Reaction score
Go into task manager and check the "Process's" tab. If any process is running (which it must be as it isn't allowing you to play the game) it will 1000% show up there.