Unexplainable high ping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

So i've been looking at my ping rate in comparison to others playing the server. Generally, others tend to sit on around 90 ping when 70 players are online. However, I have somehow managed to get way over 400 ping, and I have no idea why.

I do not have shit internet, and when I use speed tests and ping tests, I usually get around 70 ping, yet only when I play on PERPHeads, it reached 400+. Can anybody help me reduce this?

Thanks,

Reaction score
Do you know what, I had this problem a lot and peoples voices sounded laggy as fuck. Try checking if your steam is downloading games while you're on gmod.

Reaction score
I get this problem too, usually I'll sit around 90 ping like most others but randomly I'll shoot up to 400+, same as you, I have fast internet and live in Europe so I'm finding it very hard to find a reason for it happening. All downloads including steam are disabled for me so it can't be that.

Reaction score
I normally, would be running 115 ping with 70 players on but then suddenly, for 5 minutes i hit 1000 ping sometimes, i just wait and it resolves itself, i never have anything downloading in the background, and my wifi isn't the best but it's not terrible.

I sometimes rejoin, and that sorts it out. There could maybe, be a script error causing you to lag? Other than that i have no clue.

May just be your internet buffering for a period of time, i know mine some times messes up because, so many people in my house are on the wifi at the same time.

I might be wrong, don't take my word on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.