Unique Motor Vehicle Repair Code System (giving possible IG insurance companies proof for car repairs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Upon each repair of a vehicle at the Veikko's body shop, the car owner receives a 7-digit-code.
This code can be used by possible (future) insurance companies, which then have to enter this code into a database on a website, that give them all possible details on the repair corresponding to the UMVR-Code.
This means, that insurance companies would have something that they can rely on as proof that a repair/accident has actually taken place for which the relevant person is requesting compensation.

Why should this be added? (pros):
- New player-owned legal job opportunities can be made, from which a lot of money can be gained
- Another move away from the cops vs. robbers scheme on this server
- Should be fairly easy to be made.

What negatives could this have? (cons):
- Theoretically, nobody could end up doing anything with this system

*Other additions:
- If possible, on the database site, add to what degree the vehicle has been damaged and possibly where. (However, I assume the latter is not possible due to limitations of Source engine and that requiring all vehicles to generally get overhauled)

8EWmMpu.png

20mxAAd.png

Reaction score
ah yes a suggestion litterly just for me as im the only insurance company lol

Reaction score
This means the website would need to generate a webpage for every single car bought in game and updated whenever a car takes damage, or a plate is swapped or replaced.

Reaction score
This means the website would need to generate a webpage for every single car bought in game and updated whenever a car takes damage, or a plate is swapped or replaced.
I'm not quite sure if you understand the concept. A code would be created everytime a repair at the repair shop is done. The UMVRC would correspond to the repair itself and not the motor vehicle.

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure if you understand the concept. A code would be created everytime a repair at the repair shop is done. The UMVRC would correspond to the repair itself and not the motor vehicle.
Either way this would involve linking, tracking and updating information that could be coming in en masse for almost no real use or purpose. If you want to run a car insurance company, just introduce a dash cam requirement. all this would do is make insurance fraud harder to do, which shouldn’t be the case, as an insurance company you should be able to determine fraud yourselves.

Reaction score
Either way this would involve linking, tracking and updating information that could be coming in en masse for almost no real use or purpose. If you want to run a car insurance company, just introduce a dash cam requirement. all this would do is make insurance fraud harder to do, which shouldn’t be the case, as an insurance company you should be able to determine fraud yourselves.
can confirm i litterly just require the people i insure to use a dashcam lol

Status
Not open for further replies.