Update Log 01/04/2024 – Vehicle Balance & Model Changes

Reaction score
@GP why would you buff PD more :(
police arent really as powerful as people think tbh. i nearly wiped pd (they were mostly TFU) like 4 months ago with a spas and all i had to do was sit in a corner and left click. either way just hit headshots or use shotguns and you won't need to cry about pd buffs anymore

Reaction score
police arent really as powerful as people think tbh. i nearly wiped pd (they were mostly TFU) like 4 months ago with a spas and all i had to do was sit in a corner and left click. either way just hit headshots or use shotguns and you won't need to cry about pd buffs anymore
I wiped the entire PD with a silenced UMP at slums and fire department with nowhere to run. Will be on my montage coming out soon. 3 tfu 3 pistol cops.

Reaction score

Other Weapon Balancing​

In order to better balance the most powerful weapons on the server due to their frequent use, some changes have been made to limit their effectiveness.
  • Reduced movement speed while holding AS50
  • Reduced movement speed while holding M82
Honestly I feel like just making the guns and their magazines illegal to make or own, similar to grenades, would do more to reduce their usage. Or maybe give them their own, more expensive ammo, and lower the crafting cost of existing sniper ammo, as right now, almost nobody uses any other snipers, because the ammo economy for any .308 semi-automatic rifle is retarded when that same ammo can fuel a 1-hit anti-material rifle.

Reaction score
They will stay, yes. I agree on the UI tho, it's just way too big now. I ain't that old yet so I was able to read the old one just fine.
I find it okay-ish, but it screams gmodstore.com for a reason to me... Too big, too jumpy. Much harder to read.

Reaction score
Give ‘em to the Probationary Officers - they can use it as a training tool when patrolling with a SO+ and is more suited to handling petty crime haha
I said the same think on pd would be a good idea the model is there now may aswell use it

Reaction score
Honestly I feel like just making the guns and their magazines illegal to make or own, similar to grenades, would do more to reduce their usage. Or maybe give them their own, more expensive ammo, and lower the crafting cost of existing sniper ammo, as right now, almost nobody uses any other snipers, because the ammo economy for any .308 semi-automatic rifle is retarded when that same ammo can fuel a 1-hit anti-material rifle.
You wish, come and take ‘em, Liberal…

Separate Ammo was a good idea though!

GP

Reaction score
For the record, yesterday's "Vehicle balance" meant that all spawned vehicles were converted to Mini Coopers, even job ones (except Road Crew).
Except that part, the rest is meant to stay. There's already a couple of topics with feedback on some of the changes, so please use them to discuss their stay.

Reaction score
For the record, yesterday's "Vehicle balance" meant that all spawned vehicles were converted to Mini Coopers, even job ones (except Road Crew).
Except that part, the rest is meant to stay. There's already a couple of topics with feedback on some of the changes, so please use them to discuss their stay.
Great to know, thanks GP!

In my opinion that everyone cares about, the only part I feel needs rework is the NPC UI.

It doesn’t need to go back to how it was, just some tweaking to make it seem less, aggressive!

Reaction score
Mfw I "accidentally" walk around my base with AS50 so cops raid and I can shoot to protect massive financia loss.