Update the Crown Victoria (CV -> CVPI)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So I found this dusty discussion via an alert so I will turn it into a suggestion as I apparently forgot to do so prior.

Main Idea: Improve the detail and design on the Crown Victoria and add a new engine sound and push bar.

Full description of the idea: Improve the poly's of the car and change the engine sound to the actual CVPI V8 engine. Change the grille and trims from chrome to black and give it a push bar.

Why should it be added?: Currently, the CV is a bit of an embarrassment to drive, it looks awful and sounds awful. It more civilian than it is Police minus the lightbar and markings. It has no push bar and is quite useless. Now I understand it is supposed to be a standard cruiser so we don't want to make the deluxe cruiser (Dodge Charger 2012) look bad but you have to do something. I am asking for it to become more of an interceptor than an old patrol car from the late 1990s. The chrome trims look awful and the engine sound is awful. Now before people post about "Oh I don't want detailed cars I want more FPS" I understand, so I propose an option in the settings to have HD Vehicles implemented like a switch (Will probs require to rejoin server). Like what you have with sunrays, smoke, TV, TV Quality etc. Now, we already have some people who have changed things such as textures and sounds such as @Creepisbut I am not calling anyone to arms I am just asking to pls fix the CV and preferably make it into a CVPI (Crown Victora Police Interceptor)

Pros: Higher detailed model, Will see more CVs driving around instead of being dominated by the higher quality Dodge Charger. New sounds will always make things look brand new even if it's the only thing changed. It will be toggleable (Hopefully)

Cons: Might make the Dodge Charger 2012 look bad, Might make crims upset as that further supports an officers reasoning to running someone over. (i.e, can crash into someone with less danger to officers life due to push-bar) (Might lower performance a little if unable to be toggled on/off)

*Other additions: If this is unable to be toggled then I can understand why people will vote against thing but will 1 car really fuck up your fps?

Indianapolis_Metropolitan_police_cruiser_1.jpg
13061934_1062072507171719_8_med-2.jpeg
29192702924_c07bfb4ca5_b.jpg
Orlando_Police_FL_USA_-_Ford_Crown_Victoria_Police_Interceptor.jpg

Reaction score
The Ford Crown Victoria being a police car on the server is great in my opinion. Outdated or not, the Crown Victoria as a police car is not only iconic in Pop Culture but is a classic piece of Americana, something the server is themed around.

Status
Not open for further replies.