• Yes it was

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No I din't learn shit

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
Reaction score
The Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
i344222.jpg

(Note I took some of my spare time during last weekend on making this hope everyone likes it this can be moved if its not a fitting place for the thread. I'm also not looking towards any hate against this thread because there is simply no reason to hate it dislike is another thing and dosen't count as hate. I also dont care if no one is going to look at the thread I'm just doing what I love todo)
The Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor or as commonly more known as the CVPI or the P71 today is a four door body on frame sedan that was manufactured by Ford from 1992 1/2 to 2011, and in 1997 was the Ford Crown Victoria placed into official US goverment law enforcement service. Some of you might wounder why is it called a CVPI or a P71 well let me give you a insight why it's called the CVPI. The Ford Crown Victoria police cars were issued with a pack called the Crown Victoria Police Interceptor Package(CVPI), and the reason for the P71 name was because the V8 engine in the police car was called something like P71(Correct me if I'm wrong). The Ford Crown Victoria was way more different in 1997 compared to the 2011 version, and the versions that made before 2011 were also different maybe not in look but performance wise. The production of the Crown Vic stopped in 2011 due to the simply the car wasen't being sold that much. That meant that the Law Enforcement Agencies had to look for a new car, and this is were the Dodge Charger SRT8 came into the picture.
Dodge_Charger_sedan.jpg

Here is a video of the last production of the Crown Vic that stopped in 2011

But you might ask yourself "BUT DELTA I LIVE IN THE USA AND I STILL SEE FORD CROWN VICTORIA POLICE INTERCEPTORS DRIVING AROUND AND SOME OF THEM LOOKS VERY NEWER THEN OTHERS!!!!" Well let me say that the official production of the Crown Vic stopped in 2011 but that din't mean they would make more if the police needed them one of the main reasons they bought the crown vics was because the parts on the car was so easy to replace if the car broke. But as of late year 2015(I believe) Ford din't want to sell more CVPIs to the goverment agencies. When a "crown vic" is out of service/retired they would be either sold on a auction for the public or they will be sold to the taxi companies across the USA
yellow-cab-los-altos5.jpg
Now lets say you bought a P71 or CVPI (Whatever you wonna call it...) and you're not sure if it is a police intereptor I have made a small guide on how to know if your crown vic is a police car

1. this is the most easy way to find out it was a used police car, and the place where you want to start locate the registration number either on the front driverside window or in your papers where ever you would keep your shit. Anyways if you have a 17 diget number like this 2FAHP71V89X110396 then you have a Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor :), and if you have a 17 diget number like this 2FAHP32V89X110396 then you dont have a Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor :(
PTTalOY.png

2. The other way is to be looking deep into the engine as it required by policy that the police tuner on the engine needs to removed, and replaced with a civ version of it but some times they forget todo so and thats also how you can spot a police interceptor. since I don't know that much about engines this spot will be left empty.

3. The last option is to find a for sale used police interceptor that is still marked with decals and the unit number but this is very rare! this could be older versions such as a 2001 models or even older but for the most of it the cars would be stripped for police equipment related.
hqdefault.jpg

And now its being taken into use to the Paralake Police Department :)

Last edited: