Server Suggestion Vehicle Colours Fix, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Vehicle Colours Fix, Please
Suggestion Description:
Right now, the Luminance value in HSL for vehicles is capped at 50, and that means you can't have a white car, which sucks. I understand why it was capped in the first place. People had colours on their cars with such a high luminance value it was making them look like they glowed at night, which was pretty uncool.

I suggest increasing the maximum luminance value allowed for some paints, but as the saturation increases, the luminance decreases, so we can have white cars again, but glowing cars aren't a thing. I'd also like to see a minimum luminance value added, so that when a car is black, it doesn't swallow all light. Capping it to something like 3-5% on the low end would still allow true black colours on cars, but make it so it doesn't swallow light like it's been painted with black hole.

Optional extras:
Maybe an overhaul to how we select colours entirely, give us HSL sliders instead of the H slider and S&L grid we have right now.
Cheaper 'preset' colours you can buy for less than a custom paint colour perhaps, that are different for each car, (so, colours that look good on that car) and can be selected upon purchasing a car, so new cars aren't always the same colour.

Why should this be added?:
- Grey cars are fuck ugly
- I want a white car
- Black isn't a black hole.

What negatives could this have?:
- Luminous cars, very uncool

Status
Not open for further replies.