VR Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
@flugs Pavlov works perfectly, so does Boneworks. Any game that I could think of would work with the Rift S. HL:A, Boneworks, Pavlov, Onward, Blade & Sorcery, VRChat, Rec Room, etc. I played and finished HL:A on the Rift S in three separate instances. The first time I only lasted about an hour due to previous nausea n shit. By the second I had played for 8 hours straight and didn't even notice it and the third I spent like 3-4 hours finishing the game, lol.

Also, the GTX 1060 is not recommended for optimally playing HL:A despite the fact that they say the minimum is a 1060, you'll encounter quite a bit of stutter when there's a lot of things happening in combat. Despite that fact, I enjoyed the game a lot, so when you get into VR, play Alyx, seriously.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sufficient, will run certain games but not the heavy ones. It wont allow you to take advantage of higher refresh rate goggles.

Reaction score
alright, well I'm not sure about whether I'll even buy HL:A but I would like the full immersion and all the research I did indicated that it would be fine for all vr games, potentially I can set a game like that to low settings?

Reaction score
@Sneaky That doesn't look awful, but yeah I do wanna avoid motion sickness. To be honest whilst I do wanna have a good experience with these games I'm more interested in the competitive games, and Boneworks.. whatever that's classed as which I'm certain I have the specs for. Boneworks may struggle a tiny bit but comp games will be absolutely fine. I've also heard that the Oculus Rift disregards system requirements, not too sure what that means?

Reaction score
For your main competitors it basically goes:
Index
Vive
Rift

A better computer and smoother cheaper vr is better than a choppy vomit-inducing mess

Reaction score
@ShadowJoey I refunded the 1050 ages ago and now I’m saving up money over my birthday and next christmas to buy a rizon 7 cpu, rtx 2060 and some other shit to completely rebuild my pc

Reaction score
Ryzen 4000 series should be out by Christmas time and is likely to have better gaming performance so I'd go for one of them.

Reaction score
@Hayden alright dude i’ll look into them, i don’t necessarily need a better cpu but it will help a lot for physics based games and apparently i need a better cpu to support an rtx graphics card

Reaction score
Can confirm, Ryzen 5 3600 is a BEAST, a great GPU that you can get is 1660, forgot if mine is TI or not, but people here can help you out with which one is better.

Reaction score
Yeah I was buying a 1660 but then I realised for a similar sort of price you can buy a 2060 cus they've just been discounted.

Reaction score
@Creepis To be honest, I think a ryzen 7 is way over the top for what I do, making websites and playing games does nothing to my quad core i5. I was under the influence that you needed an i7 for boneworks and the ryzen 7 apparently knocks that out of the picture. I'm honestly not sure what CPU I should get but I may get one of these ones you guys are suggesting because the r7 is the most expensive thing in the upgrade and the thing that will be used the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.