Reaction score
Punishment Type: Warning
Appeal Type: Dispute[Evidence]
Which staff member issued the punishment?: @d
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Not Applicable

Your Steam Name: cshonza
Your Roleplay Name: Ronald Smith
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:446303823

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 3.4 - User attempted to go into the bank during a bank robbery

Why should this appeal be considered?: I couldn't know about the bank robbery, in the first few seconds on the clip the audio is muted as I alt-tabbed away from the GMOD window, when I saw the dead body near hospital intersection I alt-tabbed back into the game, my friend that was in the taxi with me was saying to the driver "go, don't stop, we are gonna get shot", after that we drove to the bank where there was only one dead body laying on the ground which I didn't consider as some raiding a bank (On the clip afterwards I noticed there was someone with a gun in the bank, at the moment I was looking at the body so I didn't see the armed guy in the bank), I got out of the taxi and got shot for no reason. There was no ongoing bank robbery warning so there was no way for me to know that the bank is being robbed. I didn't have any reason to think that the bank is being robbed because why the FD and EMS vehicles would be parked in the road, if there was a bank robbery the FD wouldn't be there in the first place and I would get a warning popping up in the right bottom of my screen that the bank is being robbed. My friend mentioned that there is a suspect as we were driving near hospital, I'm not sure which suspect he meant tho, I don't think I saw anyone there.

Reaction score

You see multiple dead people 0:10, the taxi keeps proceeding, 0:18 you see a dead guy and an armed assailant with a rifle going toward the teller area yet you get out of the taxi and keep proceeding toward the entrance of the bank, why?

Reaction score

You see multiple dead people 0:10, the taxi keeps proceeding, 0:18 you see a dead guy and an armed assailant with a rifle going toward the teller area yet you get out of the taxi and keep proceeding toward the entrance of the bank, why?
As I said I didn't see the armed guy walking inside to the bank NPC because I was looking at the guy that was dead near the entrance, when I jumped out I couldn't see anyone inside. Why was there no warning of the bank robberry if there was one ongoing? Every time I saw a bank robbery there was a warning popping up at the bottom right on the screen (the one you can see on the attached picture) but I never got any. The fact I saw dead people at hospital doesn't mean that there has to be a bank robbery ongoing. I can't controll what the taxi driver does so he drove through the area and at the bank there was noone so I tried to go inside but I was shot for no reason.
1704743705534.png

Reaction score
Ok and how do you intend to prove me that you didn't see the guy with the rifle and how does this invalidate the server moderator's warning from their perspective?

Reaction score
Ok and how do you intend to prove me that you didn't see the guy with the rifle and how does this invalidate the server moderator's warning from their perspective?
Well, that's just common sense I would say. Why would I walk into a bank if I saw a guy with a gun there? I don't want to wait 5 minutes for no reason to get a respawn. Also, I made an F6 right after I got killed for getting killed for no reason, I didn't know where I got shot from. If I saw the guy I definitely wouldn't make an F6 on the guy that killed me...

Reaction score

After a thorough discussion with server administrators @A1L and @Super_ we believe the warning is valid under these circumstances considering there were multiple indicators that a bank-robbery is going on as pointed out. Not to mention an "Armed suspect" was mentioned by someone else riding along inside the cab, you weren't paying enough attention which you should've been once you saw the bodies and asked the Taxi driver to take you elsewhere, let alone going directly up to the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.