Reaction score
Punishment Type: Warning
Appeal Type: Dispute
Which staff member issued the punishment?: ellie
How long were you banned/blacklisted for?: Not Applicable

Your Steam Name: northnortheast
Your Roleplay Name: Richard Millard
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:44511700

Why were you banned/blacklisted?: 2.3, 3.16 - Attempted to bypass the AFK checker by using a console command to stay moving

Why should this appeal be considered?: I honestly was not aware that I was warned for this until I checked SCAMBans for a recent in-game report and saw that, to my surprise, I had been warned.

I am assuming that what ellie is referring to is when I did +left to spin around by City Hall. I believe this is a misunderstanding, as I had prior been messing about with a few new players and was, in jest, spinning myself around upon a hedge. I left mid-way through the situation rather nonchalantly to play something else (probably expecting to be kicked for AFK automatically if I had forgot to hop back on), and completely forgot about my Garry's Mod being open.

I hadn't considered that this might be misconstrued as attempting to exploit the AFK checker, as shown by my complete surprise when I found (completely by chance, mind you) that I had been warned.

The last time I checked, the AFK checker still worked even if you were moving your mouse, as evidenced by the countless times that I have had to complete it whilst sitting down during an RP situation.

I don't see what motive I would have use an exploit as I have not previously done so. I apologise for being AFK at that moment in time - I should have simply disconnected before going idle - though I had not anticipated admin intervention from idling as a citizen, out of an RP situation, at City Hall.

In summary, I think this has been a simple misunderstanding and I will be more aware regarding this issue in the future.

Additional Information: My apologies to Enforcer @Ellie who had to spend her time dealing with my late return and any disruption that I inadvertently caused.

Reaction score

While I understand that your intentions were not negative and were a complete mistake, the warning still remains valid. The AFK system was indeed bypassed by yourself as you have said in your appeal. This is not necessarily a serious issue, but unfortunately we cannot give free passes in situations like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.