What Programming language do you use/What are your shticks?

Reaction score
Hello,

In an effort to better my self as a programmer, I would like to try new stuff such as new programming languages and new cool stuff.

So I made this thread, Feel free to share your opinions.

Currently I am using a little bit of GOlang to build a webserver that dynamically (based on rules fetch from a database) pushes the related pages of the page you are viewing using http2 push method and LINK header

Reaction score
View attachment 13251

Starting to learn HTML so I can try and get an apprenticeship (Basically an internship if you're not from the UK) if not I may go to University to study Software Engineering
oh man I learned a bit of HTLM when I was like 12, and I mean a tiny bit but it was fun. I might need to learn C++ Because I want to make a game with unreal

Kay

Reaction score
oh man I learned a bit of HTLM when I was like 12, and I mean a tiny bit but it was fun. I might need to learn C++ Because I want to make a game with unreal
I just need to start learning a few languages so I can pass the test and get an internship with a company

BullyHunter

Communication Banned
Reaction score
View attachment 13251

Starting to learn HTML so I can try and get an apprenticeship (Basically an internship if you're not from the UK) if not I may go to University to study Software Engineering
One thing that I suggest putting time into learning is the proper use of indentation, it will improve the readability of your code (across every programming language) significantly.

Reaction score
Been working with Java for the past 3 years and I love it ngl, people say its old but over 3 billion devices still use it so they must be doing something right.

Other than that I honestly changed my opinion from back in the day when I would say a programming language is the best / better than others because they are all useful in their way.

I have worked with Java, C#, HTML/CSS, PHP, Python, JS, C, Bash and I enjoy them all. Still use most of them in my company today.

Kay

Reaction score
Did a few hours of HTML Today, started to introduce CSS into my code which is coming along very nicely. Just need to get a very good grip of HTML and then I can start applying for some internships which will help me out a lot :)

Started indenting my code also thanks to @BullyHunter, can see where that helps out a lot also.

Going to eventually start a whole new website where I can try and make something out of it to put on my cv.

Reaction score
PHP. I even use it on windows. Fuck your shitty electron/tailwind/react.js/vue framework nightmares that run in a dockerized scalable Kubernetes cluster. People code apps like they have a userbase of a million when they have infact 10.

I also code in c# for basis frontends, c++ for the unreal engine projects.

I use python. I dislike it tho

Reaction score
PHP. I even use it on windows. Fuck your shitty electron/tailwind/react.js/vue framework nightmares that run in a dockerized scalable Kubernetes cluster. People code apps like they have a userbase of a million when they have infact 10.

I also code in c# for basis frontends, c++ for the unreal engine projects.

I use python. I dislike it tho
Don't say stuff like that you are 2.5ing my ego

Reaction score
A lot of Python and SQL, a reasonable bit of C# and bash, some JS too. Since leaving education, barely touch any of these now though. Only really use GML2 for hobby game projects I'll never finish now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GP

Reaction score
I get paid to develop Java enterprise software with a bit of TypeScript for front-end.

In my free time, I haven't settled into one single language.

I've recently played with Ruby (mostly for Ruby on Rails), Python, Swift (iOS), Clojure (beautiful language), and lately been learning Rust (which I'm enjoying a lot). I tried to get into Go, but decided to learn Rust for now.

I like trying different languages, seeing how the design decisions affect the way you write code and think about it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I get paid to develop Java enterprise software with a bit of TypeScript for front-end.

In my free time, I haven't settled into one single language.

I've recently played with Ruby (mostly for Ruby on Rails), Python, Swift (iOS), Clojure (beautiful language), and lately been learning Rust (which I'm enjoying a lot). I tried to get into Go, but decided to learn Rust for now.

I like trying different languages, seeing how the design decision affect the way you write code and think about it.
Rust is very cool, Love to use it when I can find a reason to code anything in it